Wednesday, November 4, 2009

No more spiked hair


My 5 year-old has quite the opinion these days. After our morning routine (for school) of breakfast, clothes, hair and teeth-- he has demanded to NOT have spiked hair.
Me, being the mean mother I am, suggested nicely he must have his hair done for school. So of course I did it.
To my surprise, he snuck into the bathroom right before it was time to go and locked the door.
I got the key and opened it.

This is what I found; a 5 year-old with slicked down, wet hair. Nice.
I just couldn't bare to argue. He was proud of his do.
Sometimes you just have to pick your battles-- even if it means hideous hair!



Don't know what he is doing here....
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

And he is still adorable! My little nephew once didn't want to go to school because he was having a bad hair day! His mom said you can sit on your bed all day or go to school and he sat on his bed! He was probably around the same age! So funny

The Van Fam said...

so funny!! he probably has a friend in school who does his hair like that and so he wants to be like that. i remember always wanting my hair like my friends when i was in elementary school! i am the same as you though, trey always wants his hair "sideways" and i still spike it! i figured, he's 3, he doesn't have a choice yet haha!

sherra said...

My daughter is that way, only with her clothes she will secretly go in her room and change her outfit without me knowing.

Jodi and Shaun said...

Oh my gosh that is hilarious!! You're such a good mom!!

Unknown said...

That's hilarious. You're a good mom for letting him wear it that way. It's so funny how strong their personalities are at such a young age!

Chelsey Howard said...

I think it look good. I'm sure once his hair dried it looked great. But I know what you mean, I'm the same way with hair and its always a battle. P.S. I love their spiderman costumes and the bunk bed!

Bekki said...

Dallin is the same way...doesn't like me to do his hair any more. School pics were horrible! Sometimes independence is hard on mom!