Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A grateful heart

These past two weeks have been a struggle. Do you know how hard it is to sit around and do absolutely nothing for your family? At the beginning of these two weeks I thought it was manageable to sit around and veg out... NOPE. I am going crazy. I am usually on the "go" all the time whether I'm running errands or off on a play date... So this is all new to me. To have my schedule cleared and not a thing to do.

Can I tell you just how grateful I am for my friends and neighbors? I have had so many great visits, floors scrubbed and meals/goodies brought in by friends. It is amazing to me how hard it is to be served. It is weird being on the other side of service. It is hard. It is something I struggle with. I am independent and like things done "my way". I am learning patience and learning to "ask" for help and accept it. Heaven knows I need it!

Can I just shout out to everyone what a wonderful, wonderful husband I have! He works all day comes home and cooks, cleans, and takes care of me and the boys! He does this complaint free too. Did I mention that I love the way he cleans? He vacuums the floor a certain way... you know, the way that leaves perfect vacuum marks, all going the same way... he scrubs the kitchen counters beautifully and even mops! We are working on the laundry. I try to tell him it doesn't count if it comes out of the dryer then gets crammed into a tiny laundry basket and sits for two days.... Like I said, I'm learning patience.






Just had to add this funny cartoon! I bet Tyler feels like this!

4 comments:

SloneFamily said...

Oh I can not even imagine! But you are so lucky to have a great husband and support system around you. Just got your Shower invite today! Just do your best to hang in there girl... it won't be long until you are CRAZY BUSY. (I know that is one of those things everyone tells you that you are so sick of) :) :)

The Van Fam said...

Andrea, I can only imagine how much you are going crazy just sitting around. You usually are such a busy person! But enjoy it! Right now that actually sounds kind of nice to me =) What a great hubby you have! Love the cartoon.

*Becky* said...

I'm so sorry you're having a hard time. I am glad that Tyler is being such a great hubby! What a blessing that is on it's own!! Before you know it, you'll be out and about again.

sherra said...

That would be so hard! It is nice to know that you have supportive neighbors and friends! What a great husband you have... Adam has been a great help to me around the house as well. The cartoon was hilarious, I will have to show it to Adam.