Monday, October 26, 2009

The way I roll

Last night it dawned on Tyler and I that we haven't had a chance to go to the pumpkin patch (our yearly tradition) or for that matter, even had a pumpkin to carve.





Weston was just heart broken that we weren't going to go to Mother Nature's Farm. I had to explain to him that I can't walk or stand for long periods of time or the babies would come out. I told him that we were going to go to Wal-mart and pick out the biggest pumpkin they had.

So off to Wal-Mart we went. I got the okay by my doctor that it was indeed okay to rent a motorized scooter to transport me and my big belly in.

I couldn't miss the picking out of a pumpkin, come on.

After many laughs and lots of reversing just to hear the "beep, beep" sound, I had enough. Nonetheless, I don't think I'll be doing that again anytime soon. I came home and missed pumpkin carving anyway. Thanks to the non-stop contractions and lots of pressure from our 45 minute Wal-Mart adventure!

However we did manage to find the BIGGEST pumpkin ever. It weighs a good 25 pounds and it was only $3.50!








Tyler kept ditching me in the store. It was embarrassing! Also, he had his phone out and just kept snapping pictures. I wanted to just run him over! Too bad it was the slowest machine ever!

4 comments:

Brett and Rachel said...

Hehe! Too funny! I had to use one of those carts when I broke my ankle and I think I ran into every display in the store. :)

Rachel said...

I love the scooter! You're too cute! Also, I had to have a c-section. Parker was breech. Little stubborn one wouldn't turn. It's really not that bad. I'm sure disappointing, but let me know if you have any questions.

*Becky* said...

hahah too funny. but you definitely need to do what is best. keep those babes safe!

Jenny from the Blog said...

And...he was just too excited to show me the picture at work of you in the "old lady" scooter at Wal-Mart!! He laughed while he was showing it to me...I wouldn't have missed the pumpkin selecting either even if it did mean having to ride the scooter!