Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Hospital Visit #1

Well it has started. Pre-term labor, that is. I knew it was bound to happen with my ever-so active lifestyle and my previous history.

I think I over did it last weekend by going on the fabulous ward camp-out. I just sat and relaxed but it proved to be too much. Maybe with the elevation change and sleep-less night??

So Sunday, I took it easy. I stayed home from church and slept, slept, slept.

Monday rolled around and Tyler happened to have that day off so I slept, slept, slept again. Still no relief. My contractions were pretty constant plus I had this horrible pressure feeling and lower back pain. Shooting back pain, I should say. I just knew something wasn't right. Still, I waited it out. I don't want to be one of those over-reactive patients who calls their doctor for everything. Come on, this is my third pregnancy.

So Tuesday rolls around and my discomfort is still there to no avail. I decide to put a call into my Doc and she practically told me to get my butt up to the hospital right away. Good thing I did.

They got me right in. I was treated like royalty. Probably because I'm high risk with twins.. but it made me feel special nonetheless. They knew who I was and why I was there without me even saying anything!

They hooked me up to some monitors and did a quick ultrasound.



The diagnosis:

I'm 50% effaced
Dilated to almost a 1
steady contractions/irritability



The treatment:

awful Turbutaline (2 injections might I add)





After almost 4 hours of being monitored, I got the okay to head home. I am now on bed rest and complete pelvic rest (sorry hun).


The goal is to be pregnant for 10 more weeks. I can't believe 10 weeks is all I have left! Seriously. Time flies!


The babies are doing awesome though. Strong little suckers. They did not like those straps on my belly.

I have an ultrasound in the morning just to double check everything......

9 comments:

Eric and Kailee said...

Call me if you need anything!!!

Leslie said...

Oh no! I hope those babies hold on tight. I'll call you tomorrow to see what we can do to help!

Leisa Tapia said...

wow! I want to hear the follow up stuff!
So did they send you home with terb prescription? that stuff is awful! hopefully you don't ever end up on Magnesium like natalia did... that is way way worse!!

Hang in there - you are determined, you're awesome!

10 weeks! you can do it!!

Courtney from The Beauty Mark said...

Oh my gosh that's all crazy! I had back labor with Dean and I about died. Worst pain ever. Well, take it easy and feel better soon!! (Make all your boys pamper you too!!)

Kristin & Tim said...

yikes! Scary stuff! Hopefully these 10 weeks will fly by before you know it. In the meantime, try to relax and enjoy being pregnant.... make your boys pamper you! :) You will be great!

Greg♥Amelia said...

Andrea you crazy girl! No more messing around with preterm labor! I'm glad you and the babes are okay. Keep your feet up and let your family take care of you for a few weeks :) You are almost there!!!

the DeCampos Family said...

Crazy girl! Ten weeks is a long time. Hang in there!!

Chelsey Howard said...

OMG!! You crazy lady, slow down!! That stinks to be on bed rest though:( I hope you and the babies are okay. Hopefully 10 wks flies by:)

Jodi and Shaun said...

Oh my goodness!! I hope that bed rest isn't too to bad! Hopefully your sweet boys will take good care of you!!