Thursday, September 3, 2009

Health update

I have been asked about my Hyperthyroidism and what the status is regarding it.


As of now, I am just being monitored very closely. I have to been seen by three different doctors. I see my normal OB then a perinatologist and also an endocrinologist. I personally think it is kind of annoying. Every time I go, I have a $25 copay. It kills me. I guess it is better safe than sorry.

I am not being medicated even though my numbers are extremely low. I just get lots and lots of blood work to make sure it isn't getting any lower. There could be more risks to that babies if I did take meds.

As of now, I have hyperthyroidism to thank for not gaining any weight yet! I haven't lost any. Just maintaining. Which is just fine by me. I am definitely gaining inches though!

2 comments:

Gina said...

I'm glad it's not causing any problems so far. A million extra doctor appointments is no fun though - I hate appointments.

Chelsey Howard said...

that's awesome that its stable:) Your so lucky after you have the babies its going to be so easy for you to loose the weight. I am so excited about the boys!!! Have you thought of any names that you like yet?