Friday, September 4, 2009

Appetite

Has anyone noticed an appetite change in your child since school started?


I cannot get enough food into Weston these days.

I make sure he gets a good hearty breakfast then send him off with a packed lunch. When he comes home he is just STARVING. Seriously. By 4 pm he is asking for dinner. Is this normal? Or is this the start of my "boys" eating me out of house and home?

4 comments:

TheMoncurs said...

I don't have any kids in school yet, but I remember MY appetite kicking up every school year. No clue why, but I was suddenly starving all the time. Maybe kids expend extra energy at school?

Heather said...

This is normal. My kids have been doing the same thing. Learning must burn a ton of calories!

Laura said...

Hayden does that every day he gets home from school. Actually even on the days he doesn't go to school. He always has to eat something! But after school is the worst! Luckily I can load Hayden up on cheese and carrots and he's good to go for a little bit.

Chelsey Howard said...

LOL! He's probably just going through a growth spurt. And he's getting used to going to school all day and it probably takes a lot of energy out of him so he wants food:)