Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Oceanside, CA 2009

We decided to take a trip before I get more uncomfortable and bigger and bigger. It was also celebrating our last hurrah as a family of 4.

I'm so glad we went!

We stayed in Oceanside just seconds away from the beach. It was gorgeous and just what we needed.

We ventured off to Legoland for 2 days. It was our first time there so we weren't sure what to expect.

It was fun but I think Disneyland is better.






Us in front of Thomas the choo choo (notice my huge stomach)





Weston driving in a Volvo all by himself. He was hilarious. Everyone on the side was laughing at him. This kid for sure has road rage. He was yelling at the other kids going slow and bumping people off the road!


Weston being a knight.....







Bob the Builder was even there. We got to watch a fun 4D movie featuring him.
Parker wasn't too sure. He just wanted to stare at him.....




Wes and I taking a break with a weird lego man......







Daddy and Wes on a helicopter. Parker and I were on the other one.






Zebra made out of Lego's. Pretty neat.















HUGE pumpkin lego










Me at 19 weeks. Thanks for the picture Wes.





-------------------------------------------------------------
Beach Bums


My most favorite part of the trip was being at the beach. I love the beach. Nothing like sitting there and relaxing while watching your kids dig and get dirty. The weather was perfect. The water was perfect. The family was happy.


We made a little pool but it didn't last long......

























SICK picture but just thought I'd show you me.......













The boys in the "pool"













"Beach bums"
































Parker was so brave and loved, loved the water. He ran straight for it a few times.

















My 3 boys.......


















He hated "dirty" feet though!
Highlights of the trip:
  • The oceanside swap meet (I got cute glasses and some pointless toys for the boys)
  • Yummy food
  • Being with my hubby and kids
  • Spending my birthday in CA instead of boring AZ!

**Funny story (for journal purpose only)

While at the swap meet I bought a fresh mango cut up (so good). The kids were just in seventh heaven. They acted like they have never eaten before. Parker had asked for another piece so I gave him one. His face lit up and he looked at me and said, "Mom, I'm happy!" It was by far the sweetest moment. It made the whole trip worth it. Even though it was a lot of work.




















3 comments:

Brenton and Adree Jensen said...

Looks like sooo much fun! What a fun vacation for the family of 4 before it grows! I'm sure your boys enjoyed it!

Chelsey Howard said...

So fun! Love all the pictures. Its amazing all the things they make out of legos. WE've never been there, but it looks cool. And the beach looks so nice. That's a trip we should do together with our families. That would be soo fun!! i'm glad you guys had a nice family vacation:)

Jodi and Shaun said...

Looks like your trip went great! Glad you had such a great birthday!!