Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Kindergarten 2009






My Weston is off to his first day of all day kindergarten. It was truly a bittersweet moment as I watched him walk into his classroom. He was so brave but did have a few silent tears as he looked at me.

It is really such a strange feeling to have your child grow up. Unless you have experienced it, you just don't know how it feels.

All I know is that I'm going to miss my buddy while he is off at school.

This morning as he was eating his breakfast I was telling him how much he was going to be missed at home during the day..

He looked at me and said,

"Mom you can just love on Parker all day long!"

I just had to laugh!
This is how he came home from school on the first day! He was Clifford the big red dog!

3 comments:

Katie B. said...

That is so sweet! What a good big brother he is :)

Jenna said...

I finally just got your invite! That is such a bitter sweet moment, I obviously haven't gone through it yet, but I get tears in my eyes just thinking about my kids growing up and not needing me as much anymore! I love being needed :) That will be nice to really bond with Parker while he's gone! Weston is such a sweetheart! btw... that fort your husband made is awesome!@!! I need some training from you guys cause my forts don't hold up so well! And that's hilarious that he stapled your sheets together. Men think so much differently than we do, it makes me laugh!

*Becky* said...

what a sweet little boy!!!