Monday, August 17, 2009

The woes of an ear

Apparently having tubes in your ear doesn't prevent it from becoming infected.. who knew?


Poor Weston. The first day of school when I woke him up he sat up and told me he thought his ear was draining.

Sure enough there was blood and crusty's all over it. I cleaned him up and sent him to the first day of school anyway.

Half way through the day the teacher sent him to the nurses office because his ear was draining and dripping out of his ear. SICK.

So off to the doctor we went.

Now he has been on antibiotics for 5 days and still has nasty crud coming out of his ear!

Will this ever end??

4 comments:

*Becky* said...

I'm sorry to hear about his ear!! Poor kid!! Have you ever tried giving him L. Acidophilus?? It may help his ears from getting infected. Kody from about 9 months- 16 (17-18) months had an ear infection almost monthly. By the time her antibiotics were done, she would get a new one a week later and so forth. Well I started giving her "sweet A" milk (no longer made) but it had the acidophilus in it and I kid you not, she went months without one!! Then I found the pills and would open up the capsules and put it in yogurt or applesauce or whatever to mix it. Anyway, it may help keep his natural bacteria where it needs to be.

Katie B. said...

I'm sorry to hear about Weston! Hopefully this will be over and done with soon.

On another note, I've learned not to read your blog during my lunch hour any more ;)

Miss you.

Laura said...

Same thing has been happening to my son! Weird! He got tubes in over 2 years ago but he has gotten some ear infections anyway. But he's ears are finally good now so hopefully the same will be true for your little guy!

Malinda said...

Rockwell had tubes in his ears also. But they told us that oral antibiotics won't work you have to use drops. We went through that also. Who knew you could still get infections. I thought tubes were supposed to prevent that.