Thursday, June 4, 2009

Things I want to remember

Weston update:

Weston here lately has been obsessed with bean burritos. It is quite funny. Every night, without fail, he asks if we are having bean dabrito's (duh-burrito) for dinner. No joke. He says it like that. It is hilarious. It is almost worth letting him eat one every night just by listening to him pronounce the word "burrito".

Weston's speech is awesome-- coming along quite well. It is amazing what can come out of 2 years of practice and expensive therapy!

He will be in normal, all-day kindergarten next year. Did I mention that I am terrified? He is my baby. More than likely, we will have him repeat it. Giving him 2 full years of kindergarten.

Right now he is in a summer program, pretty much like a pre-k. It teaches children how to act and what to expect in a full day kindergarten setting. It is exciting and so far so good. He really enjoys it plus it gets him out of the house and me and Parker some alone play time.

Also, his ear tube surgery is scheduled for June 19th. We are excited to be done with that.


Okay.

Parker update:

The terrible 2 attitude is in full swing with this child. We recently introduced the naughty mat with him. Oh the naughty mat. Where do I begin? Sometimes it takes 30 minutes for us (Tyler and I) to get him to sit still on the mat. It is worth it in the end though. He sits there and really understands. He even says "sorry". Those are the cutest words ever. He says it in a soft, sweet voice and gives a kiss at the same time.
Other than that, he is a copy cat. He will do/say anything you ask him to do.
Yesterday, I was out to lunch with my friend Pia. After we sat down at our table I realized I forgot something in my car. I left Parker at the table with Pia and ran outside to my car. When I returned, she was laughing.
She said he was coloring and she told him "Good job." She then picked up the crayon and started to color with him. He stopped everything and looked at up at her and said "Good job."
See what a mean? Copy cat.
This is a whole new thing for us. Since Wes had a speech issue at such a young age, he never mimicked anything we did/said.
So these past 6 months have been real fun to see/hear all of Parker's new words.

2 comments:

*Becky* said...

it is so funny how parrot-like they are!! Kody repeats everything I say (well not everything. I haven't heard some words come out of her yet *phew ) i Hope westons surgery goes well

Chelsey Howard said...

cute. That's so random that Weston asks for a burrito every night?! What a funny boy. Lilly is in the terrible 2's as well. WE've been doing time out also:) Gotta love time out:)