Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Payson trip

Over the weekend we went on a adult camping trip with 10 other couples in our neighborhood. It was a blast!

We left Friday late afternoon and stopped in Payson at El Ranco and had Mexican food before we hit our camp ground. BAD idea. Try having 10 couples together after eating Mexican food and no toilets!! I'll leave the rest to your imagination....

We got to our campground after getting stuck in a wash. It only took Tyler 5 times to figure out he needed to back up and floor it!

It was a fun night. We just sat around a lantern (no campfire's were aloud) and talked and played a few games and got to know a lot about each other.

Then it was off to bed. We slept in our car. Not so sure if it was a good idea. It was a lot easier then setting up a tent though.

We woke up and had a mega breakfast. Thanks to everyone for helping out and bringing things so we could have such good food!

Then it was off to go rock climbing and rappelling. I was cool just sitting there and watching people. I really had no desire to rappel. I'm not much of a rappeller.....

Towards the end, Angie grabbed me out of my chair and told me I had to go. How could I say no?

I got up there and was scared for my life.

I did it.

Not sure if I'll do it again though.

It was a great, relaxing weekend.

I am so glad that we have such good friends that we can do things like this with. I am ready for another adventure!






Ty is a pro. He was going down "Aussie" style or I call it commando....









Just some of the girls bright and early in the morn....

Here I am getting all harnessed up and ready to climb.



Climbing the rock....


Not too scared yet....


This is the view from top of rock/mountain





Here I am thinking about coming down...... I was there for over 5 min....


















I was so scared. I got down. Eventually. In one piece.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Chelsey Howard said...

Fun! Repelling is fun, I'm not a huge fan of the rock climbing though. Looks like so much fun though, and a fun group too:)

Jenna said...

How Fun! Repelling looks so scary! Good for you! Sounds like such a fun weekend! It was so good seeing you last week! We need to do it again soon! :)

Leslie said...

You were awesome! Seriously, it gets way better each time you try it. :)