Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Leaving soon

Well, the much awaited day has finally come--- we leave on our cruise this Thursday!!

After booking this trip months ago, I never actually thought the day would come!

I am having mixed emotions about leaving.

We have never left our kids before.

And now I know why. It has been nothing but stress finding babysitters for the days we are gone. My mom and Tyler's mom both work so our kids are being passed back and forth between them for 4 days! I get major anxiety about things like that! I would rather them just be at one place the whole time.

On the other hand, I am super excited to be with my husband, alone. We aren't even going to know what to do with our time uninterrupted.

All I know is that I am so excited to go shopping in Mexico!

9 comments:

Chelsey Howard said...

I still can't believe that you guys have never left your kids alone before to go on a vacation. It is a little stressful and I usually cry when we are gone cause I miss the kids, but its so great to be alone too:) I hope you guys have fun, we'll need to get together when you get back. By the way, dork, we talked about this, you could totally have left your kids with me. You still can, call your mom and tell her I'm doing it.

Therena Taylor & Family said...

You guys are going to have so much fun!! I was really worried the first time we left our kids, too- but don't worry!!!! I am so excited for you guys!!

Jenna said...

How exciting! That will be so much fun! I would feel the same way as you about leaving the kids! But they will be fine and you guys will have a blast I'm sure! Can't wait to see pics!

Mommy's Five Minute Break said...

Good for you and Tyler to have a nice little vacation! I hope you can truly enjoy it and not worry too much about your kids. It sounds like they'll be pretty spoiled being with their grandparents the whole time!

Leslie said...

Have fun!!

SloneFamily said...

Oh My Gosh, I feel your pain. It is so stressful, but it will be worth it! Have fun you two :)

Tammie & Jeff said...

It is always sad to leave the kids but having some alone time is great! I love it when you come home from your vacation and your kids are really excited to see you! That is always a great feeling. Have a great time!

The Van Fam said...

have fun on your trip!!! cruises are the best! i can't believe you have never left your kids! you will have so much fun and after this you will want to plan a ton more gettaways because they are a much needed relaxing break! i worry like crazy about my kids too though, so dont worry, you aren't alone!

Coree Adams said...

Oh my gosh, have so much fun!!! Me and my hubby totally need a getaway like that! It is definitely hard leaving the kids though. Try to enjoy yourselves!!!