In the past years I have been creative for the Holidays. This year I am having a hard time deciding what we should do for the boys for Easter. I can't seem to come up with anything! Tyler and I will be out of town so the Easter Bunny will visit grandma's house...
I am reaching out to all my friends to help me come up with the perfect Easter Basket on a budget!
HELP!!
Friday, April 3, 2009
At a loss...
Posted by Unknown at 5:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







11 comments:
I always think it is fun to do a new bathing suit for summer time. I guess that is more fun for Girls than boys... but you could do that with floaties and goggles. Just an Idea :)
we are doing something different this year. we made papier mache easter eggs, you blow up balloons and put strips of paper in the solution and put them on the balloon a few layers thick and then you let it dry by hanging it upside down. when it's dry you can cut an x in it and put easter surprises inside!! then of course, on top of the newspaper, you can decorate it however you want! we are mod podging paper on it. these eggs will be included in the easter egg hunt but would be awesome as just the whole easter basket instead. i did big easter eggs and small ones. i know it sounds super involved, but it's really not and the boys and i had a blast putting the eggs together!! sorry this is so long!! good luck!
I am getting them a basket with sand toys, Walmart $5. I don't like to do a lot so they know the real meaning. Or a church movie??
The dollar store is usually really good for little things like that and since they are still pretty young, it shouldn't matter too much. They have lots of pool toys there too!
my family didn't do easter baskets when i was little so i have NO IDEA what to do... it will probably be a really boring easter for halle... we will probably color eggs or something though. you'll have to post again to let us know what you ended up doing. :)
That is so cute what you did for April fool's day! I am so bad, I never know how to explain days like those or st. patricks day so I don't even tell my kids that it's a special day! I'll have to try that next year though! And I don't really have any good ideas for easter baskets... I just go to Wal-mart and get eggs to fill with candy for an easter egg hunt and then a couple cheap little toys and maybe a cheap movie or outfit or something! I'm not very crafty...
We have always did alittle candy and then either new socks or underware! It was always something that they need.
I like the sand toy idea.
**Bubbles is always a favorite with my kids!
You are so funny! the boys dont care!! As long as there is candy they wont care!! I usually do a coloring book, movie, or stuffed animal and candy. simple and easy is my moto.
This won't help you much now, but next year it may...I usually buy stuff on clearance after the holiday, to store and use the upcoming year. Last year I bought a couple of books, small toys and big bath fizzies in the shape of bunnies. I hardly spent anything and now I already have stuff for the boys this year. Target is the best!
what we do is make a trail of candy filled easter eggs that goes around the house and then leads trey to his easter basket. we just put the 'normal' things in it like candy and a few little toys but a tradition we started a while back was getting a easter book from the church book store or any other book store that talks about the real meaning for easter and put that in his basket too. that way he remembers its not just about the candy etc. so every year he gets a different book and then down the road we will have a collection of easter stories to read leading up to Easter. Good luck!
K I am so sad about Ny and Indianna, I just need to call you:(
Post a Comment