Like I was saying before, I was standing there picking out some corn.
Like most of you, I pull back a little green to peek at the actual corn on the inside. I have done this since I was little. Learned it from my mom. Didn't think I was doing anything wrong.
LADY: {invading my personal bubble} Did you know that no one is going to buy that corn now? You have completely ruined it! Now it is going to taste awful!
ME: {shocked and caught off guard} What?
LADY: {rude voice} Now when someone goes to BBQ it, it won't taste good because people like you do THAT!
I was completely flabbergasted that some random lady would just blow up at me like this. It would be different if she was offering advise on how to pick corn... but no.... she was flat out scolding me like I was the devil..
It gets better..
After her last remark I just didn't know how to respond, so I didn't. I just stood there.
THEN...
Her husband chimes in!
LADY'S HUBBY: {trying to be quiet but not really} Some people just don't give a damn honey, lets go.
How was I suppose to know that people BBQ their flippin' corn??

Of course now that this is said and done, I have all the great come backs that I should have said to this lady. I guess some things are better left undone. I hope she feels better about herself.
So that's my story. Hope you enjoyed it!
Like most of you, I pull back a little green to peek at the actual corn on the inside. I have done this since I was little. Learned it from my mom. Didn't think I was doing anything wrong.
LADY: {invading my personal bubble} Did you know that no one is going to buy that corn now? You have completely ruined it! Now it is going to taste awful!
ME: {shocked and caught off guard} What?
LADY: {rude voice} Now when someone goes to BBQ it, it won't taste good because people like you do THAT!
I was completely flabbergasted that some random lady would just blow up at me like this. It would be different if she was offering advise on how to pick corn... but no.... she was flat out scolding me like I was the devil..
It gets better..
After her last remark I just didn't know how to respond, so I didn't. I just stood there.
THEN...
Her husband chimes in!
LADY'S HUBBY: {trying to be quiet but not really} Some people just don't give a damn honey, lets go.
How was I suppose to know that people BBQ their flippin' corn??

Of course now that this is said and done, I have all the great come backs that I should have said to this lady. I guess some things are better left undone. I hope she feels better about herself.
So that's my story. Hope you enjoyed it!







13 comments:
That is really funny! People are so funny at grocery stores. it makes me laugh. I had a good laugh reading that!
Hahah are you kiddin me?! First of all...SHE is the only one that's not goin to buy the corn you peeked at. What a freak! And the only way I've seen corn on the grill is WITHOUT the husk...wrapped in foil.
Don't you hate how you always think of comebacks AFTER the fact!?
Ok the only way I've had and seen corn on the grill is WITHOUT the husk or wrapped in foil! So you keep on "peeking" girl...the only person who won't buy it is that idiot who doesn't know how to bbq their corn properly!
Don't you hate when you think of good comebacks AFTER the fact! That's the worst!!
Yes this is my millionth attempt...just realized you moderate comments so sorry I'm retarded! haha!
Oh I hate that! Especially when you think of something you could have said after the fact! What jerks! I had a run in today with an idiot driver and the lady looked at me like it was totally my fault. And I know it wasn't! Anyway, a story for another day...
hahaha! What a mean lady... I'd rather ruin people's BBQ'ing experience than go all the way home and find out I bought rotten corn.
Geez! It's people like that who give old people a bad rap. I like the husband, though. That would be a funny short film or commercial!
That is so ridiculous!!! But like you, I too would just stand there, unable to respond and then come up with a million and one things to say back! I guess I am the real "devil" when it comes to picking out corn.... I actually *gasp* puncture a kernal to make sure it's gonna be good! I have done this my whole life.... is how I was brought up!
LOL! Funny story! BTW, I'm loving your new background. Very cute!
how childish of her to do that!! this story totally makes me so mad!! sorry you had to endure a crazy couple blowing up at you!
EEWWWW I hate people like that!!! They are just too high stung, get over it!! Who fights over corn?! I am the same way though, I totally would have just stood there:) Eww and then her husband, well they were sure made for eachother:)
GEEEZ!
haha thats crazy. some people are seriously just so wierd! i would have just stood there to like what the heck? i can't even believe how some people just dont even care to make a big scene. especially in public! on a brighter note... 4 days until our play date! whoo it has seriously been way too long!
Post a Comment