Monday, November 10, 2008

We are in the ghetto hood (random post)

We knew when we bought this house that it wouldn't be permanent. We thought it was going to be an investment and that we could flip it and make money off of it, since we bought it under market value.

Boy oh boy were we wrong. The market crashed and our house was on the market for 2 years and not going anywhere!

We can't complain though. We have a reasonable mortgage and a roof over our head and we love our neighborhood and all of our friends we have made here. Part of me just doesn't ever want to move. I am comfortable.... except for the ghetto bird that flies over our house [almost] nightly and our unruly, loud neighbors that have now been evicted!

My only complaint(s) is the small backyard and the laundry room is in the garage. Oh yeah and Tyler's 2 hour daily commute back and forth to work! (ouch, I know)!


Anyway, there is a purpose to my rant, I promise.

Let me begin ...

The first Sunday of every month the Deacons from our church come and collect Fast Offerings. Keep in mind that we have lived here for 3 years (give or take a few months) and every month has been consistent. Enough that I would have the slip and the check already filled out and waiting for the boys to collect. That is until here recently. I always wondered if maybe we didn't hear them at the door.... I just didn't know why they weren't showing up. It made me sad.

Jokingly, I told Tyler that maybe since we lived in the ghetto, away from all of our other good neighbor friends, that no one wanted to come to our street.

He laughed and told me not the fret...

Then, what do you know...

Yesterday after church we heard a knock at the door and wa la it was the Deacon boys there to collect our fast offering.

I invited them in and asked why no one ever comes to our house anymore....

A boy replied, "we are afraid to come down here cuz we think we are gonna get shot!"

I couldn't believe it! I was in shock for that to come out of his mouth but all I could do was laugh.

What do ya do?

You can take the girl out of the ghetto but not the ghetto out of the girl.

In closing, does anyone want to buy our house?
It is super nice.
3 bedroom 2 full baths
completely remodeled
$169,000

4 comments:

HILLARY said...

Nice sales pitch! I'm sure everyone that reads your post is going to want your house. I've seen your house and I like it, but to the ones that haven't the pretty picture of the "hood" that you have painted might not be the golden nugget they may want!
Your funny!

Alissa Melody said...

if i had that much money i would totally buy your house :) I can wait to have a house that is ALLL MINE! :)

Anonymous said...

that is so funny! i want to move there do you want to switch houses and you live in INDIANA

Joey and Ashley said...

That is so funny! i definitely want to buy it now...haha! Youre cute...