Saturday, November 1, 2008

Don't hate me....


So here is the story.
We have had bad luck with washing machines in the past. We have lived here almost 3 years and have had 2 (used) washers.
In a nut shell, both have flooded our garage and been declared dead by me.

So I am doing laundry and wa la, our garage is flooded.
Tyler in a frenzy doesn't know what to do.
He goes to Home Depot to get a part.
Comes home-
just our luck, WRONG part. It didn't fit.
He then realizes the part we need is $150!
No thanks.

I decided to leave him be so he could fix our washer (cuz I am NO help)
I load the kids up and off to WalMart we go.
As I am leaving our neighborhood, I notice a garage sale.
Which isn't unusual because our neighbors have a garage sale every single weekend.
NOT KIDDING.
They think their ugly bikes and old Cd's are really gonna sale?
NO WAY!

On my way home I actually glance at the junk in their yard.
What do I see?
Beautiful washing machine and dryer--
front loading and all
WAY out of our price range, I thought.

I come home and mentioned it to Tyler.
I then suggested we walk down there and just ask how much.

The rest is HISTORY!





MEET our NEW (almost) washer and dryer!!!



Guess how much we paid?
I'll update soon with the answer!
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Rudd Family said...

That is so exciting to get new appliances! I loved your boys in their pirate costumes. Super cute!

Leslie said...

No way! This totally makes up for the high chair fiasco, right? I'm going to guess $300 each. I can't wait for your update. email me!
Les.

Coree Adams said...

NICE!

Greg♥Amelia said...

I'm so jealous! They look SO nice! I can't wait for the day when we can have a nice front loading washer and dryer!

HILLARY said...

They look great! That is SO awesome!

Chelsey Howard said...

Congradulations!!! You deserve it! I can't believe your garage has now fooded 3 times:( The new ones look amazing, in fact those are the ones I want, but can't afford! They look awesome, can't wait to hear the deal you got on them:)

Jenna said...

Those are awesome! I'm jealous! I'm guessing you paid like 700?! I don't know what they cost new so that's probably not a very good guess! But I love your kids costumes, they are adorable! It's so funny cause your kids look nothing alike but they are both so cute!

Emily said...

I totally hate you! Only because I know the price you actually paid! No I really don't hate you, you are so lucky though! Hopefully no more bad luck with washers and dryers!

Joey and Ashley said...

I AM SO JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!! I think Im officially old because I will be dreaming of your washer and dryer now in envy! haha

Jenna said...

The state fair was so fun, and so expensive! We actually got in free though and my parents paid for everything else, thank goodness! I know, it's so nice when the grandparents babysit so we don't have to pay anyone! We've never had to pay anyone either, I'm so glad!