Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Gooey Popcorn

This recipe is so yummy! My friend Hartley gave it to me and I make it all the time and practically eat the whole 2 bags of popcorn by myself too! It is super easy.



Gooey Popcorn

2 bags microwave butter popcorn. Popped and seeds removed.
1 stick butter
1 C. Sugar
1/4 C. Light Karo Syrup
2 tsp. vanilla

Place popped popcorn in a giant bowl. Stir butter, sugar, and karo syrup in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and continue stirring for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract. Pour over popcorn and stir until evenly spread. Let cool for a few minutes and enjoy!


*I also add food coloring to the saucepan, if needed. I have added orange for Halloween and Green for Christmas*

7 comments:

Megan Swiatkowski said...

That sounds delicious!!! I will have to try it. I LOVE NEW RECIPES! Thanks. :)

Anonymous said...

fun im excited to try it

Saragers said...

yum!! i'm totally going to try this recipe!! thanks!

Chelsey Howard said...

K, I don't need fattening recipes! Give me something with barely any calories in it that tastes like it has a million calories cause its so good:)

Brett and Rachel said...

Andrea! I was so excited to see your comment! It HAS been such a long time. It looks like you are doing great and your family is absolutely adorable. I can't believe your little one is already so big! Where are you guys living now? Do you get to stay home with the boys everyday?

Tatiana said...

I love that popcorn. My mom-in-law makes it and I hate when she does cause I eat all of it! and ps Chels would never eat anything with little calories! She doesnt even know what those are:)

Mommy's Five Minute Break said...

Yum! That sounds so good. I'm considering running to the store just to make that now. Thanks for the recipe!