Tuesday, October 7, 2008

But I want to go to school Mom

I decided to keep Weston home from school today and get some much needed errands ran and last minute things together before the trek. There was no way I'd be home before 12:40, which is when the bus comes, so I called him out of school today.

As I am on the phone with the attendance office. Weston is screaming, "I'm not sick Mom. I wanna go to school!!"

Embarrassed, I just ignored him and hurried up on the phone. I know the office lady heard him though...

Needless to say, after running many errands, it was time to come home for nap. Of course coming home I inadvertently pass right by the school and he is hollering, "I wanna go to school!!"

So the nice mom that I am dropped him off at school even though I already called him out for the day (he didn't even have his backpack!)


Things like this just remind me of how innocent and pure children really are. Something so simple as to playing hookie (or sluffing off--Angie) was such a big deal to Weston. I guess I should have never told him that we were skipping school to go to lunch and run errands with grandma Christi. He knows the only reason we don't go to school is if we are sick!

9 comments:

Chelsey Howard said...

That is so funny. I love Weston:) A similar thing happend to me today, except it was the other was around. Shea didn't want to go to school, I had to convince her and tell her we could go to McDonalds for lunch! Hope you guys have fun on the trek:)

Therena Taylor & Family said...

That is so cute! I love the funny things kids do! Have fun on the trek- what an adventure!!! We'll get together sometime when you get back!!!

The Van Fam said...

Haha that is so funny!!! What a cute little boy! I love your boys! Oh just wait for the day when he is pretending to be sick so he can miss school! Ahhh, good luck on the trek!

Leslie said...

Such an honest boy! I'm so glad you're going to be on the trek so you can take care of my baby. I think she's going to be the very youngest kid there. It'll be so awesome. I'm jealous!
Les.

Jenna said...

What a sweet little boy! He just wanted to go to school! That is so cute!

Houston Family said...

Wait until he gets older. "sluffing" will be so much fun! You should have let me watch your kids while you ran errands. I could have gotten him to school on time. Have fun on the trek!! I wish I was going!

Katie B. said...

what a cutie! ha! what is the pioneer treck all about?

Jessica said...

sorry me and lex decided to do that walk like ten oclock the night before. next time we will let you know!

Cass and Natalia said...

So cute, it's good that he likes school so much! I am excited to hear about the trek, I forgot to ask you about it yesterday!