Monday, October 13, 2008

We are home and alive!

We survived the pioneer trek! It was the hardest most difficult 3 days of my life. We both have gained many memorable experiences from going.



Here are a few things about the trek:



  • We have gained stronger bonds with the youth of our church.
  • We have gained a greater knowledge and respect for what our ancestors went through to get to Salt Lake.
  • We have strengthened our testimonies.
  • We have lost weight
  • We have a lot of blisters from walking
  • Most importantly it was so gratifying to see the children bond together and become a family unit with a common goal.

I will post lots of pictures when I get a chance. I am just trying to get back to life and I have a ton of dirty laundry to do!

2 comments:

HILLARY said...

I'm glad to hear that you survived! Glad you are doing well!

Leslie said...

I totally appreciate you being Britt's Ma and Pa. I knew you would take good care of her and help her work hard and be involved so she would appreciate the experience!
Les.