Monday, September 22, 2008

Preschool "Language"

Weston came running out of my room today with the game boy charger in hand. He knows he can't play with that.....

I take it away from him and he comes storming behind me and says....



WESTON: DAMN it!


He said it super loud and super clear.

I just about dropped dead.

I turned around to find him covering his mouth with both hands. I asked him what he said (just to make sure my ears weren't playing tricks on me).

After explaining to him that is potty talk. I asked.....



ME: Where did you hear that word anyway?

WESTON: That's what I learned in preschool.



It just never ceases to amaze me what kids say and do. Kids do watch and hear everything that is going on around them-- whether it be good or bad.

It is such a huge responsibility to be a good example for your kids to follow and to have a firm foundation and to teach them and to guide them to make right choices. It is reassuring to know that I have control over what my kids hear/see in our home--- but like he said he learned it in preschool-- what do you do?

5 comments:

Jenna said...

That is so crazy! It really is so important to be a good example because little kids soak up everything they see and hear, whether we want them too or not! That's so scary that other parents let their kids talk like that! At least your an awesome mom and teach them what is right and wrong! Poor little guy, can't help what he hears. :(

Heather said...

I'm glad Jaxson didn't pick that one up. He's learned enough "potty talk" from his big brothers, he doesn't need anymore. I'll try to stop being a "blog stocker" and leave comments now that you know I'm looking :)

Emily said...

Yikes!! It makes me not want to send my kids to school.

Karissa said...

Well at least he didn't learn it from you:) its scary what they pick up once they start going to public schools. Also, I wanted you to know that Brigg didn't poke his head with his pencil until 15 min. before school got out. By the time I got home the nurses office had called me. I guess im gonna have to add that in to my post!

Chelsey Howard said...

Oh, it's so sad when you hear something so ugly come out of an angels mouth:( I wish we could control everything they heard and saw, but I guess your right, we just have to do out best to be good examples and teach them what's right and hopefully they will follow!