On the car ride up... both out like light bulbs
The BEST backpack EVER! Parker was so happy in it.
Where Parker pretty much spent 2 days in.
Our Trip in a nutshell:
Well we just got home from our Woods Canyon camp out with Tyler's family. The trip was way more trouble than it was worth! We were only planning on staying for 2 nights so it was suppose to be a fun, relaxing trip.
The first night we got there Parker decided that he didn't want to sleep (which is totally not like him). I just think he was scared in the tent and it was dark. After letting him cry to sleep for a few minutes he was finally quite then about 30 minutes later I heard him cry again so I went into the tent to check on him and instantly smelt something wretched and low and behold he had thrown up! YEP. Throw up. Guess I didn't plan for that because I only brought a few blankets....
So that was our first night. On and off crying and waking up with Parker. Oh how I wished I still nursed. It would have made matters a lot easier!
We woke up bright and early in the morning right along with the sun (even though I could count on 2 fingers how much sleep I got)! We went hiking and fishing which was a blast. My in-laws even rented a boat so it made the day more fun! Weston had never been fishing so this was the highlight of his day even though we didn't catch anything!
Keep in mind that I have a 13 month old who doesn't walk and we are smack center of the Forrest. What do you do? I wasn't going to just put him down and let him eat dirt... Luckily he loved the pack and play. But come on. He was in there forever. I felt so bad for him. He did good but was so OVER tired and overly bored!
When Saturday night rolled around we were just done. Tyler and I were so tired and just wanted to sleep. It was pouring rain and lightning and thundering like crazy (so we were stuck in our tents anyways). We finally made a last minute decision in the pouring rain to pack up and head home. We really didn't know what else to do. We were so glad we did though. We got home a little after 10pm last night and got to climb in our bed and SLEEP! Both kids didn't even wake up until after 7:30 am so it was wonderful!
We felt so bad to leave Tyler's family up there. They were so nice to offer to take our tent home with them so we could just leave. They are such loving, understanding people. They were so much fun to camp with! We really did have fun despite a fussy 1 year old and crazy mosquitos!
I guess the moral of the story is don't take a 1 year old camping!! I guess it could have been worse though. Parker could have been walking and into everything!
Next time we go Parker is staying with my mom.
The end.







8 comments:
Yeah, and Trevor wonders why I hate camping so much?! It really is so hard with kids, especially babies. Trust me I've taken Lilly camping and I understand! I told Trevor I will never go camping again until my youngest is at least 2. SO maybe in 2yrs. But on the bright side I bet WEston loved it, now that's the perfect age to take camping:)
Oh, you are a trooper! I love camping, it's just LOTS harder with little ones. The picture of your boys fishing is so cute!
Your little boys are so cute! That looks like a fun trip! Its so nice to get out of this heat! : )
Sounds like an adventure! Your brave to even go! It did look like the fun parts were fun though!
so dang cute! I loved all the pictures. it looked like you guys had fun
Camping always has new adventures. I love all your pictures! The fishing pictures would look great on a wall!
I LOVE camping!! Children always make things interesting. Although, I would have just let him get down and get dirty. They do wash. I think I found dirt and sand in Rylies diaper for a solid week when we came back from camping this summer. Kids are the best!
Great camping pictures!!
Ya, last time I camped I was like 7 months prego and Jayden was so little and I slept on the floor and was miserable... needless to say, the people that invited us, have never invited us again... we must not have been much fun!... oh well... in a few years we can all go!
Post a Comment