Wednesday, June 18, 2008

YIKES!

I just don't understand the point of vehicle registration. Does anyone? My tags are almost expired on our Pilot and then I get the blasted envelope in the mail today saying that it is $403 to renew for 1 year! That is more than my car payment! Makes me sick! Like we don't already spend enought between gas, insurance , and the actual payment!

5 comments:

Joey and Ashley said...

I totally know what your talking about! They take a percentage of how much your car is worth. It doesnt matter if you got your car for free...they will charge you like crazy for that! UGH! I just had to do that too!

The Van Fam said...

Ouch! I hate cars, seriously they are so dang expensive! I am ready to ride a bike everywhere! I think both of ours renew in August! I think if you renew for 2 years though it is usually a little bit cheaper...

Leisa Tapia said...

ya!! i feel ya there! I just got ours in the mail yesterday... and we got it a year ago... it was like 360+ i think and I was preparing myself for it... and its was like 250 so a slightly less frightening payment... but ya... it made me angry... like why does the government have to be poked into freaking everything there waiting for our money... argh!! i'm moving out of the country were they do not regulate cars and we have the risk of dying from horrible pollution... i'll be much happier!

Chelsey Howard said...

OMG! Don't even get me started on how expensive it is to have a car. You forgot about car repairs too and if you get a ticket! On the other hand it is a huge blessing to have a car. Cause when I see people at the bus stop it makes me so grateful!

Jenn & Collin said...

Its just a LAME way for the government to take more of our money... I hate it!! Were up on ours too- im hoping its not THAT expensive though!