A new season of life is fast approaching -- all four kids will be in school full time!
I feel too young to be an "empty nester"! I'm only 30!
I should feel happy, right?
While I am happy for this huge change; I wouldn't be lying if I said I had a huge pit my stomach.
All I've done for days (and years) is wish I could have some quite time during the day. Or clean without one or two kids beneath my feet. Or meet my friends for a quick lunch date. Or go to the Temple. The list goes on...
But now as this reality is coming closer and closer, I am scared.
All I know how to do is juggle nap time with lunch time and cleaning time and laundry time and wiping other peoples' bottom time....
What on earth am I gonna do from 7:50 am - 3:10 pm?
So, since I couldn't justify having that much free time (insert sarcasm), I decided to get a job and work at the very same school all four of my kids will be attending!
You are looking at the future cafeteria helper and reccess aid right here!
I am thrilled to be putting my extra time to good use and to be making a little bit of dough also.
I will only work a few days a week but it's better than nothing. I will still be able to get all of my usual household duties done and get to see my cute boys in action at school. Win win situation.
I may even cry when I get home and fold laundry in silence. Or clean the toilets without having to explain what that blue stuff is. Or when I sweep and no one is there to step in my pile of crumbs while I shew them away.....
Motherhood is hard and emotional. I didn't know I'd have all these waves of emotions. I mean that's what I've been practically waiting for since the terrible 2's hit...
Wednesday, July 8, 2015
A New Season Of Life
Posted by Unknown at 3:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
I'm guessing that you will love the combo between the two...being able to see your boys at school and working there, plus having time to take care of yourself & do things that you have been waiting to do for years! If you need good tv show suggestions, let me know. ;)
Wow, that's really great!! I don't know what I would do with an empty house, either! I think that's why my Mom's TV is ALWAYS on - she misses the noise. :)
Post a Comment