Saturday, January 28, 2012

Today Weston is puking. It has officially hit our house.

Did I mention how hard it is to have a puking child(s) when your mouth is wired shut?











Today was a BIG day at our house. We got tickets to Monster Jam. My boys have been counting down till Saturday. We were all so excited because we have never been. We looked up some online video's and got our kids all excited for what this weekend had in store -- and you bet we used it against them all week too ... example, if you can't be nice then we can't go to Monster Jam, you get the point, right?

Needless to say, Weston has had his BEST week ever at school. Even his teacher called and told me his behavior was excellent.


Fast forward

Weston comes in our room in middle of the night, puking.

Poor kid. All he could think about was Monster Jam.

I didn't want to break it to him so we toyed with the idea of still going all day depending on his last vomit episode.

He decides he feels okay (even though I know he doesn't). His big brown eyes told a different story. Still I didn't want to be the bearer of bad news. I knew how much this Monster Jam meant to him.

So we go along with our plan.

Grandma comes over to babysit twins and then we are waiting for daddy to come home from church meeting so we can take off.

Weston still resting on couch, finally decided (after some coaxing), that he really doesn't feel well.



I decided to stay home with him. It broke my heart that he couldn't go. Plus I still don't feel or look 100% anyways.

I'm so proud that my sweet Weston made a big decision. I know it was hard for him. And boy is he stubborn, he waited till the last possible minute to "stay" home. As soon as he made that decision, he threw up in the hallway.













* I would have never taken a sick kid to a huge place like that. I just wanted it to be his idea. It worked.

0 comments: