I just got back from my surgeon's office...
GOOD NEWS....
He gave me the okay to eat mashed potatoes, scrambled eggs and ground up, soft pastas!
So all I have to do is remove my bands in my mouth to do so and then put them back on as soon as I am done eating.
It is such a weird feeling to take them off. My jaw doesn't know what to do. I can barely open my mouth at all. My tongue still can't come out hardly at all.
My lip is still paralyzed but hopefully not for much longer.
The nerve takes awhile to heal. My surgeon is estimating around 4-6 weeks post surgery.
--------
So once I came home I made mashed potatoes and gravy (really soupy) and I guess I was quite comical as I was eating.
I have to push my chin down to open my lower jaw and shove the potatoes down and slurp at the same time as I am not allowed to chew and cannot chew if I tried.
Parker was very concerned and told me to stop and just to suck from a straw and told me to quite slurping potatoes like that!
I won't be eating in public for a long time!
Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Posted by Unknown at 11:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comments:
Yay!! Sorry it's comical, but I'm glad you can have a little variety!
Post a Comment