Thursday, May 19, 2011

Such is Life

Things around here come in two's.

Guess that's what happens when you have twins.

Sawyer has a really really really bad case of croup right now.



So off we were to our Saint of a Doctor yesterday morning.

Yep. He confirmed it. Croup. I basically should have gone to Medical school because I diagnose my kids before I ever even make it to the Doctor.

He's highly contagious. And gets a lovely steroid once a day for 5 days. His skin color doesn't look good. He's a gray/green. And is breathing is sad. It's scary. And it just isn't fair for kids to get sick! Along with this his fever has reached 103.

Then-------

In the middle of the night Judson awakes with a blazing fever. Now he has it.



Then-----

Morning comes (today) and I decided to give Sawyer his med while he was finishing up breakfast, in his high chair.

After all, the medicine says give with food in morning.

WRONG IDEA!

Vomit everywhere, to say the least. He gagged on this NASTY medicine.

So off to the tub.

I got both both twins in there.

If I bathe one, why not the other?

As I'm finishing up...

Sawyer decided to poop in there.

Yep. Just my morning.

8 comments:

Leslie said...

Poor babies...and poor YOU!

Anonymous said...

wow what a morning! So sorry. YOu are amazing and can handle anything...thats why you were given two! love ya

The Van Fam said...

oh man, such is the life of a mom right? sorry!! hope they feel better soon! you are right, its not fair that kids get so sick. sounds like my sunday a few days ago! you are such a good mom!

Chandra said...

it seems like your kids are always sick. poor kids and poor mommy! hope they get better soon!

the DeCampos Family said...

AHHHH!!
I should have brought you a pepsi!!
hope life gets better over there.

Leisa Tapia said...

dude! you poor thing! your poor children!!
I hope everyone gets well quickly!

(ps. we come June 24th midnight, leave July 19th :) so i'm sure we will have plenty of time to see you! and I'd love to check out your new place!!)

Natalie Francis said...

The steroid is so hard to keep them from throwing up. I did find that if I gave Rachael a some banana before & after she swallowed the medicine, she kept it down. maybe it would help you.

jasonandhartley said...

Oh my gosh! How do you do it?! I would have a nervous breakdown. Seriously. I'm glad they are feeling better now. I miss you guys. We are coming down there for Halle's bday party on June 11th and again for my bday in august so I hope we get to see you!