Am I glad December is over or what? Seriously. December should be a fun-filled, relaxing time, right? Nope. Not at our house. We were literally sick ALL of December!
The twins each had two ear infections during December. Which means 4 visits to Urgent Care (because it always happens on the weekend). They have been on two antibiotics each this month to get rid of the infections. Also, Sawyer's ear drum busted. My kids have horrible ears! It is so sad!
That is not it-- We all got some huge major flu bug. It started with Parker. He was throwing up for well over 24 hours straight. He couldn't keep even the littlest amount of water down. I was worried. He was kinda just lying around like a sack of potatoes. He hadn't peed in a good 12 hours. I called his dr. They told me to take him to Cardon's Children Hospital ASAP.
So off we went.
When we left for the hospital Tyler was also throwing up. I had to take Parker though. So I left sick Ty with the twins.
We got into the hospital very quickly. It is a scary thing when little kids get dehydrated. The pumped him with fluids through an IV.
I was there for a good 4 hours when Tyler called me and informed that the twins had started to throw up.
Panic set in.
I needed to be home. Instead, I was at the hospital.
I felt so bad for my twins [and Tyler].
Luckily, I have two superhero moms, who stepped up and helped us sick people out.
When I got home from the hospital my mom had a little rhythm going with two sick babies and a sick Tyler. She also was standing at my stove making homemade chicken and dumplings because she loves me. Seriously, I have the best mom, ever!
After all 6 of us got the throw up flu, we were on our way to recovery. It was nasty nasty stuff.
We have NEVER been so sick over here.
**********
Update:
After the flu. Weston was diagnosed with Walking Pnemonia.
Just our luck.
4/6 people in my house were on anti-biotics.
December, thank goodness you are over!
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Posted by Unknown at 12:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
That sucks! Sickies are no fun. Lets hope 2011 will be better. When you guys are all feeling better, we need to get together.
Talk about going to hell and back!!! That is one crappy expensive month!!
holy cheeze-itz!!! I am so sorry you guys had to go through that! thank goodness for family and friends! I swear! you poor things! I got all my kids and josh and i our flu shots because last year we all had the flu and it was the worst, i will never forget that christmas, literally almost went into labor from throwing up! it was that bad! Anyway i am sorry and hope y'all are doing much much better and happy birthday to the twinners!!! can't believe they're 1!!! feels like just yesterday they were born!!!
I'm so sorry! Being sick is no fun AT ALL! I really hope that January is a much better month for you!
Post a Comment