Friday, September 10, 2010

Not a total loss

Well.... we just got the news today--- It isn't a complete loss. $3,800 later this little car should be back to normal. Thank goodness for insurance!












As many of you know, on Wednesday Tyler was involved in a car accident.

First off, he had his tonsils removed 6 days prior to the accident and should NOT have been back to work for at least 7-10 days post op. NOPE. Not stubborn Tyler. On day 6 he insisted on going to training and then coming home half day. I repeatly told him to not go. He had no voice. He couldn't eat. He was in lots of pain.

So off to work he went. 10 minutes later I got a call that he had been in an accident.

Thankfully, no one was hurt.

In fact, the huge Jeep Tyler hit had no damage so the guy left without getting our insurance info.

Sadly, Tyler's car took the force of the impact. His little Lancer stood no chance against a huge off road Jeep.

The Lord was on our side because if the airbags would have gone off, Tyler could have bled to death due to his un-healed throat.

The moral of the story = don't drive 6 days post-op and listen to your wife.

4 comments:

Megan Swiatkowski said...

Wow! I'm so glad he's ok. You guys really had a rough week. Hoping this one is better for you!

Lacey T said...

Ouch! I had a little "mishap" similar to this not too long ago. My damages on my Tahoe ended up being nearly $6,000 including the rental car! I'm glad everyone is ok! I have the name of a good body shop if you need it!

Dwiggins said...

First of all wives are always right, I don't know how long it will take husbands to learn that. I'm sorry that things have been it seems a little crazy for you the past week or so. I have to say I'm quite impressed with your ability to multitask sick kids, husband and yourself. When I'm sick I just want to sleep all day long and I do not do as well as you. Hang in there I think that something bad always happens right before something really good!

Tatiana said...

Holy cow! That's insane. It looks like the Lancer has more then $3,800.00 worth of damage. I'm glad he is ok!