While at a friend's house on Friday, Parker got whacked with a ceiling fan in the head. Poor little guy! He had climbed onto a bunk bed and didn't realize there was a fan....
I wasn't quite sure what to do when I got there. I didn't freak out or panic right off the bat. This is the first (of many more to come) head gash in our house. After all, I didn't even know if it needed stitches, staples or glue. I just wanted to take him to the pediatrician's office but it was the lunch hour and they couldn't get me in until 2:10-- no thank you. Not going to wait 3 hours with a bleeding/oozing 2 year old.
So I went to the urgent care by my house. Got out of the car and walked up to the door just to realize they don't even OPEN until NOON! What? I couldn't believe it! No way was I going to stand in a line. Yes, a line at urgent care for 30 minutes.
So, panic sets in. I start crying. I cry all the time this pregnancy. It's great. What am I suppose to do? I'm on bed rest with a 2 year old who needs to have his bloody head looked at. No way was I going to the germ fested ER. They won't even let pregnant people in the ER.
So we went back home and ate lunch.
Through the mist of all this, I was in contact with my saint of a mother. She ended up leaving her work, as a nurse, to help poor helpless me. I owe her BIG! Seriously. She is always there for me. All I have to do is ask. What a great momma!
We ended back up at urgent care where they got us right in.
They cleaned up his wound, numbed it, chopped his hair and put 2 staples in his noggin.
My little guy was so brave and just wanted grandma to hold him. Thank heavens because I no longer have a lap for him to sit.
All seems to be well with him and his head. About every hour he holds his head and says, "Ouch! My head!" but that is the extent of it. He keeps trying to feel the staples.
Well, that was our eventful Friday the 13th.
Anyone else have a horrible Friday?
.
Sunday, November 15, 2009
FRIDAY the 13th
Posted by Unknown at 7:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









10 comments:
poor little guy! hope he is feeling ok! i hate friday the 13th!
At least if he's gonna need stitches it's under the hair where the scar will never be seen. It's those nasty scars on the face that really make you mad. Just look at Nate's poor face.
ouch!! Poor Parker! What a brave boy though. Glad you had your mama to help you out! I am not sure i'd have been as together as you were! Hooray for making it through the first of many booboos!
Oh no! That sounds terrible Andrea. Poor little Parker. I called your house last night but your mom said that you were out running around on your scooter ;) hehe - I'll try you again today.
xoxo
Poor Baby! :( Thank goodness for your awesome mom! I'm glad he's okay. When Bryson was 11 months old, we were shopping at the mall in Santa Barbara, CA and while we were in American Eagle he pooped so I had Jeff bring him in the dressing room with him while he was trying something on to change him so he did. but while he was trying his shirt on he had Bryson sitting on the bench and he fell forward and Jeff caught his foot but he had already landed head first on the concrete floor. So I hear my baby crying and just think he is mad he's having his diaper changed but when he comes out there is blood gushing down his face and I end up riding in an ambulance with him strapped to a stretcher. It was quite tramatic and we didn't have insurance at the time and I had just found out I was pregnant with Mckenzie. So let's just say I understand how you felt, I was a crying mess! But everything was okay and amazingly American Eagle ended up calling us and paying all the medical bills and Bryson just has a scar on his forehead. Whoo, it makes me shaky even retelling this story!
Oh that stinks. I am glad that he is ok and that you didn't have to take him to the ER. I need to drop something off this week for the boys! I'll text ya and let you know.
Poor baby! (You and him!)
Oh Ouch... I kinda have the willies right now, Bleh!!!!!
OUCH!! Poor kid:( Its a good thing you took him to the Urgent care, the cut probably would have opened more as it swelled. What a brave boy, and that is amazing that all he's doing is saying ouch!!
Oh man that sounds like the WORST. And poor you if carrying twins is not stressful enough already, and to add a head wound and NO doctors on top of it is just awful. I am so sorry. Luckily your mom is there for you. How awful would the world be without moms!!!!
Post a Comment