Monday, August 24, 2009

Our newest addition

Anyone who knows us, knows my husband hates pets. He is allergic to all things with fur and just thinks pets are lame. We have always butt heads at this. Simply because I think every child should have a dog. I always did growing up.

Anyways, Weston's birthday was quickly approaching as we tried and tried to think of something to get him.

It was all Tyler's idea.

It was between a rat or some type of turtle.

Tyler left me to do the dirty work of researching and pet store hopping. Since I have all the spare time.....


After being grossed out by little white rats with red eyes and talked out of a water turtle by the pet store man, I had no other choice but to turn to Craig's List.

This is where we found our new baby.

He is a Sulcata Tortoise.

He is a teeny tiny baby right now but will eventually get huge and weigh more than 140 lbs!

We are so happy for our low maintnence pet! The kids already adore him!



We named him Ninja.



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Chelsey Howard said...

K that is adorable. I think a turtle is the perfect pet. They dont shed, they can be outside. I bet that was the best present ever for Weston:)

chelsea :: stock said...

ha. ninja turtle. makes me laugh.


even if he IS technically a tortoise.