Monday, May 4, 2009

The Trip of my Life

NY Trip 2009

I am home from NY! I survived and I didn't get lost and I had plenty of money and my plane didn't crash!




This trip was seriously the best trip of my life. It is so different to not travel with kids. I could eat when I wanted. Sleep when I wanted. I didn't have to worry about a schedule. I could do what I wanted when I wanted.




Jen is the best tour guide. She took me to all the cool places and we never got lost. We did so much between Thursday and Sunday--it is just crazy. We went non-stop and I got to see everything that was on my to do list.







When I first got there I hired a shuttle bus to get me to Jen's. It is way cheaper than a cab but now I know why...




They crammed 11 people in a 10 seater van. Yeah. So un-safe. There weren't even any seat belts. I was scared for my life. Seriously. I just closed my eyes until he dropped me off in front of Jen's apartment.







When I got there, the non-stop fun began. The first night we went to dinner and then off to Time Square for The Ripley's Believe it or not museum.







Here are some fun pictures of that....












































Which head is mine????































































Here it is. Top left. These are pickled heads. Sick!























This was seriously the funniest moment ever. I sat on the couch to get a picture and there was a FART machine. It went off as soon as I sat. I was so embarrassed. This face was not planned. It was just me in shock of the loud fart!



















Then off to all the touristy spots in time square. M&M world, Toys R Us places like that....







---------------------------------







The second day we started early.







We went to Ground Zero and toured the whole financial district area over there. What a neat site. Ground Zero was just amazing. There is so much construction going on so I couldn't get too close.







Then, it was off to The Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. We were on a ferry and it was so windy and so musty and humid out. You can tell by all the horrible pictures..... We didn't let the weather stop us though.



















On the ferry leaving the city behind........















































We also fit China Town in this day. AMAZING! It felt like Mexico all over again. Purses, jewelry, lots of people.....







I got amazing Chanel earrings, a Tiffany ring, and a cute head band.....





Totally fake knock-offs but you get the idea!







----------------------------------




Saturday was my favorite day!

It started off with a run through Central Park. Then to H &H for the best bagels EVER!





Then, it was off to Coney Island.

It was about an 1 hour and 20 minute subway ride to get there.

The weather was beautiful! It was suppose to rain all day but it didn't rain AT ALL. It is georgous

We got the famous hot dog's in Coney Island. Way better then AZ's hot dogs...

Then, we rode the scariest roller coaster ($8) that probably should be torn down and built again. I have never screamed so loud or laughed so hard before! Big mistake to eat then ride, by the way.

Then we walked the board walk and rolled up or jeans and walked in and around the ocean. It was beautiful. It was quiet. It was peaceful. My favorite part of the trip...Except for the part where I set my camera down in the sand and BROKE it. It won't work AT ALL! I got sand in it!

Then we walked around and ate some more.....






















































Then, it was off to Chicago the Broadway after Coney island. What an experience. Now I can say I've seen a Broadway in NY!
















The LDS temple in Manhattan. It just blends in with all the other buildings. Amazing. Jen actually goes to church in the temple too... Weird, huh?

















Me in Time Square...





I am so glad to have Jennifer as a friend. We have know each other for over 15 years! Can you believe it? She was my first friend when we moved to East Mesa when I was in 4th grade. We have stayed in contact all these years and remain close even though our lives are completely different.
I LOVE you Jen! Thanks so much for being such a great friend and an awesome tour guide! You are the bestest friend ever!
---------------
Side note.
A little shout out to my hubby..
He is the best. He took such good care of our boys when I was gone.
I came home to a spotless house and happy kids. Who could ask for more? He even took them to church without me!
Also, he was suppose to just pick me up curbside from the airport. I even called him when I landed and told him to come.
As I got off the plane. There they were. Banner in hand saying, "Welcome home Mommy!" It was the sweetest moment of my life. It brought tears to my eyes!
What sweet boys I have!
MY HIGHLIGHTS of the TRIP:
  • Pinkberry
  • Magnolia Bakery
  • The rain. I loved the rain.
  • Coney Island
  • Forever 21 (3 stories)
  • Pinkberry
  • Scones
  • China Town
  • Pinkberry

12 comments:

SloneFamily said...

How Fun! I am completely jealous. And Jen sounds like a great friend and even better tour guide :)

Therena Taylor & Family said...

I'm so glad you had fun, I love all the pics. And reading what your hubby did made my eyes water, you are a lucky gal!!

Cass and Natalia said...

Yay! how fun, looks like you had sucha a great time, and kudos to Tyler. NY is so fun

Jenna said...

What a fun trip! That must have been such a nice break, but how sweet what you came home to!

Emily said...

Ok can I say I am soooo jealous!!! How fun is that? Next time you go please bring me with you!

Chelsey Howard said...

Hey was pinkberry one of the highlights (lol). I'm glad you guys had fun, and I'm still jealous. I can't believe how many things you guys did!! I love your knock offs:) I got those same earings in Mexico:) that was so sweet of Tyler. What an amazing husband and dad!! Tell him I give him props:) there is no way Trev. would have taken the kids to church without me. Then again I don't take the kids without trev.

McGhan Family said...

Hey! How fun, i've always wanted to go to New York. Maybe one day!! (PS this is Nicole (Payne) McGhan) Your little boys are so cute! If you want you can email me your email address and i can add you to my viewing list for my blog (its private). Hope you guys are good! Take care!!

Anonymous said...

Fun!! Jen is a great tour guide. I am so glad you got to go on a girls trip!

Brett and Rachel said...

Is there a better place on earth than NYC? I think NOT!! Glad you had so much fun!

Joey and Ashley said...

Hey! I wanted to send you an invite to my baby shower! Can you send me your address to ashley5215@cox.net?

Thanks! : )

Jennifer Garrison said...

YAY! I'm glad I thought to check your blog because I knew you'd write about the trip! So fun to relive it through your stories and pictures! :) So great to have you come, and so glad we had SO much fun! I'm still laughing about how much I screamed on that roller coaster...haha and that creepy guy who said "I make more than you spend"

Krystal Arnett said...

Good ol breast milk. My milk must be really good and full of nutrients. Yes, he is that big and still nursing...don't judge! He doesn't like formula or milk not sure what we are going to do. I am so jealous of your trip, looks like you had so much fun.