When I take my car to the car wash I am always stumped on whether to tip the people drying off my car or not.
Who out there in blog land tips? If so, how much is reasonable?
I always find myself feeling guilty because I NEVER have cash on me--and for a good reason too!
I mean I just paid $25 for a complete wash and wax and now I am suppose to tip??
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
To tip or not to tip??
Posted by Unknown at 12:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







10 comments:
so you know that i work for tips so this might sound weird but i say NO TIP to the car washer people. i dont know anyone that does and im sure they get paid hourly so...my vote is no. and the sad thing is, i have never even considered tiping! i sound like a bad person
That is such a good question because I am always wondering the same thing. I usually will give the guy a dollar if I have any cash. But a lot of the time I don't have any money on me so I don't. I'm curious to see what others say about this....
And here is my email: shle33@juno.com. Thanks!
me and michael always argue about this. i do tip, but only a dollar. michael wants to give them like 3! he's crazy.
Preston said first of all you need to use a coupon or find a cheaper place second he was one of those car dryer people and he says a buck just to appease them!
wow!! $25!! we only used to go when the $3 sign was out...and even then I didn't tip most of the time... but hey, i'm cheap and I know it. Sometimes I would see the same guy out there sweating so i started to give him $$$... I don't know, I'll have to check back and see what your people advise on this... :)
i can't help you out there! I never know with those kind of things
I usually give them like a dollar or two, if I have the money. If I don't have any cash I don't worry about it too much. But I always feel bad if I don't tip people, even if it's not really needed.
I usually do a dollar or two, and I think that is usually what I see most people do. Unless you get like a full detail or something. I think they definitely deserve a tip. They are working in the hot sun and you know they are prob getting paid like minimum wage :)
Well, I never tip. SAme thing, I just never carry cash.
i always tip... at least a dollar but usually two.
Post a Comment