Today was the last day of Weston's soccer season! Boy, has it been a fun past 10 weeks? I never realized how chaotic it is to have your child involved in a sport or extra curricular activity.... it really takes a lot of commitment, on the parents part! We have had practice every Thursday night and super early Saturday morning games.
It really has been so much fun to see Weston grow and learn a new sport.
At pretty much all the games Weston was not aggressive. Yep. He is the kid that everyone watches and cracks up at. He can be found chasing after the ref. or just standing at the goal waiting. I think it is a hard concept to grasp for a 4 year old to take-the-ball-away from the other team...since their whole life has been centered around sharing and being nice.
I think Weston won the MOST IMPROVED player, for sure.
He was just getting the hang of it and now the season is over.
Anyways, we had a fun get together after the game this morning.
It was a blast.
It really has been so much fun to see Weston grow and learn a new sport.
At pretty much all the games Weston was not aggressive. Yep. He is the kid that everyone watches and cracks up at. He can be found chasing after the ref. or just standing at the goal waiting. I think it is a hard concept to grasp for a 4 year old to take-the-ball-away from the other team...since their whole life has been centered around sharing and being nice.
I think Weston won the MOST IMPROVED player, for sure.
He was just getting the hang of it and now the season is over.
Anyways, we had a fun get together after the game this morning.
It was a blast.
Here are the "Dolphins" waiting for their trophy's....
Here is Wes getting his trophy from coach Joe
"Look Ma.."
When we left the party I made a comment to Weston that all he did was play on the swing set. He didn't even really jump in the bouncy thing they had rented.....
He said...
"I really like that swing set mom. I wish someday I will have one."
Tyler and I were winking at each other in the front seat because Santa is bringing one this year!!! WHoo HOOO...







3 comments:
How adorable!!! That must have been so exciting to see him get his first trophy - and you know he'll be looking at it in 10 years when he puts his big boy trophies on the shelf next to it!
Wow Santa - a swing set huh? I bet the boys will love it!
I really really wanted to come home for thanksgiving - but it just doesn't make sense. I'll be home less than a month after and my first final is a week after thanksgiving - so I really need to focus. Sun country airlines sent me an email last week and I could have booked a flight home for like $200 - which is soooo cheap! It was so hard not to buy it!
But yes! Let me know what time you have while I'm there - I know it is a crazy time of year with family and things - maybe I could help you wrap presents?? Miss you and hope you're doing well!
OMG Weston & Parker are going to LOVE that SO MUCH:) That's kinda nice that soccer is over, for you:) P.S. Shea had a play date with her friend Logan and she kept asking where Weston was:)
yay for weston! congrats to a great season! i remember getting my 1st trophy! such a special day for him i'm sure!
Post a Comment