Red Robin came out for his Birthday (or so we told him)
Weston and Uncle Jordan (Tyler's little bro)
The beautiful Walle cupcake cake Weston picked out
The "trick" candles were a big hit! I don't think he understood it!
The outcome of a messy cupcake and a 4 year old.
Sorry Uncle Abe... I was trying to give you a kiss.. (If you look closely you can see just where Wes gave him a kiss)!!
Some birthday fun with cousins!
Tyler and I have decided to give our kids a "friend" birthday party every other year and just a "family" party on the other years. Yep. We learned the hard way. For his 3rd birthday we went to BounceU and spent close to $300 for 2 hours of fun. I am sick just thinking about it. I don't know what provoked me to want to even spend that amount of money on something so dumb. We will never do that again.
So after talking to my older, wiser friends they gave me the idea about the friend/ family parties. How smart. Why didn't I think of that?
So this year was a family party. Nice. Low key. Not a huge amount of money spent (which makes me happy)!
We started off by eating at Red Robin. Yes, Red Robin. Don't ask why but Weston had the choice to go anywhere and that is where he chose. Maybe it is the free balloons the kids get or the delicious french fries and ranch?
Then we came back to our house for cake, ice-cream, and presents. That is it. The end. Everyone went home. Short and simple and yet Weston had the time of his life having all his family surrounding him and giving him gifts.
**Then today my dad took Weston to Amazing Jakes since he couldn't make the party last night. So he celebrated 2 days in a row. Lucky duck.








9 comments:
This is so funny to read this right now, because I am trying to plan the Girls' party, and we have so much family, but I want all of her little friends to come too! I think I will just have it at our house with everyone, but I know it is going to be so expensive and semi Crazy. Hmmmm not sure. Weston is such a cutie though :)
WOW! What a fun b-day. We love red robin. We go there for most b-days.(cause of the ballons and ice cream). Anyways, about the sports. the fall registration will be closing soon so you'll want to hurry. we like kidszoneyouthsports.com, they have soccer and flag football for westons age. Then, eteamz.com, they have flag football also for westons age group. I haven't found any good leagues yet for t-ball.
wow hes getting so big!! I remember when we went to that Chinese restaurant and he was like only one, weird how time flys! He just keeps getting cuter!!
So fun:) Weston looks so cute, I love the shirt:) Yeah, kids totally don't care what you do for their Birthday as long as they get presents and cake! We are gonna do family parties with just a few friends (like 3 friends) until she's 5, then we'll just do Sunday dinners with family for their B-Day and we'll do an actuall party with just friends! And no I'm not still cute, your just a good friend so you tell me I am:) I miss you too, we should hang out soon, especially since I am feeling great now! So let me know your scheduele.
I can't believe it's been four years! wow. he is such a cute little man :) Sounds like you all had a lovely time. ps - i can't believe how big jordan is getting - it feels like yesterday that he was in elementary school!
Some good friends of ours do family parties every year, but ONLY do friend birthday parties every four years. Works out really good--at 4 they're old enough to understand what's going on, 8--baptism year, 12--YW/YM, 16--driving/dating, and by 20 you are off the hook!
Les.
What a fun birthday! That's a great idea of switching off from family to friend birthdays! You blog shows what a great mommy you are. Your kids are so lucky.
wait..I dont see the whale. But I love those cakes. Where do you get them? Chels had one for Lilly's bday. So cute. I cant believe how big Weston is already. Crazy how time flys!!
ok about my last post, when I read the one under the cupcake cake...I really thought you said whale and its Walle. I'm retarded.. no wonder why I didnt see the freakin whale!!
Post a Comment