Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Brutal Honesty

I was in the kitchen cleaning up from breakfast this morning and the boys were in the front room playing nicely, or so I thought. Then all the sudden, I hear a "hurt" cry from Parker. I storm into the room only to find Weston already sitting on the "naughty mat"-- yes just like Supernanny!

Before I could even say anything Weston was already telling me just what happened.


Weston said, "I wanted Parker's toy so I pushed him down and the toy hit him on the head. I did it on purpose mom."

Aside from Parkers poor bruised face, I couldn't help but acknowledge Weston's sheer honesty. If you can't tell, we have been working on things that happen on accident or on purpose-- I think he understands it!

10 comments:

Jarvis ♥ Family said...

Your kids are so adorable!!! Parker is so cute! One already!!! Crazy!!! and Weston is just plain cute!!! He IS so honest!!! Adorable kids! I can just see him saying that to you it makes me laugh! I don't know how you handled it but I would start cracking up!

CF Is Not Forever said...

Parker's cake was awesome! How cool that your husband made it too! Way to go Weston for being so honest!

Coree Adams said...

That is too cute!

Karissa said...

That is the cutest story i've ever heard:) I love supernanny! Too cute

Chelsey Howard said...

Oh that's so sad and sweet at the same time. Sad that Parker got hurt, but sweet that Weston acknowledged right away that he had been naughty and he felt bad!

Cass and Natalia said...

Good job on honesty Weston! And hugs and kisses to Parker, Your boys are great! ps I have loved that mascara for like 8 years now, I have tried many others in-between, but always come back (I'm just too much of a cheap skate to throw them away, I finish them up and learn my lesson every time)! Take care!

Whitney said...

Your child is amazing. What child willingly goes to the naughty mat? Im very impressed. You must be super mom

Megan Swiatkowski said...

Wow! That's great that your little boy is so honest and really developing an understanding of right and wrong. Just goes to show what a great mommy you are!!! :)

The Van Fam said...

How cute is that?! Not the Parker getting hurt part but that Weston is such a big boy now and knew when he did something wrong! We haven't had interent in forever I feel like I've missed so much! And congrats on Parker turning 1! He is adorable and all of the pictures are so cute! First birthdays are the very best! Hope you are doing good and we need to get together soon!

Chelsey Howard said...

K Girl night or play day next week! When? I am open all next week. Except for Wednesday during the day!