Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Red HOT popcorn


Today, I feel like a good mom. I made cute Valentine's bags for Weston's teachers at school and his bus drivers too!




Inside the bags there is yummy, yummy popcorn. Thanks to a lady in my ward for sharing her recipe!






Red Hot Popcorn




1C. Butter


1/2 C. Light Karo Syrup


9 oz. Red Hot candies (1 1/4 C.)


8 Qts. popped, butter popcorn (4 bags)




Pop the popcorn one bag at a time. Place in a deep baking dish-- Cake pan, Roaster, something deep.


Boil butter, karo syrup, and red hots together in a saucepan over medium heat. Boil for 5 minutes while stirring frequently. Pour mixture over popcorn and place in the oven at 275 degrees for 1 hour. Take out and stir every 15 minutes. Cool. Break apart and enjoy.




*Makes a lot of popcorn! So be sure to share!

9 comments:

the DeCampos Family said...

That looks yummy. I might have to switch my cupcake idea to popcorn for Kennedy's party! THanks

the DeCampos Family said...

I quickly looked for the red hots at target. and couldn't find them. where did you get your at??

the DeCampos Family said...

Thank you so much. I found the red hots at Frys. I actually didn't end up with a lot of extra cause my mom loved it so much she wanted to make some bags for the her teachers.

Coree Adams said...

Thanks for the recipe looks delicious!

Lydia said...

YUMMY! I'm gonna have to try that recipe out! You are so thoughtful to think of the bus drivers too!

Emily said...

You are always making yummy treats!

Shalene Miller said...

Yumm that looks so good!

jasonandhartley said...

Yum! What a supermom!

The Van Fam said...

That looks so good! I love trying new recipes!