Today, I feel like the worst mother alive! Let this be a lesson for all of "US" moms who leave our kids in the other room for 5 minutes while we go check or email.
Yesterday was a bad day anyway for both my kids. Parker had a fever and a very boogery nose. So he was on the fussy side. Weston has a horrible cough and an ear infection so he was being a stinker.
Weston was outside in the playroom entertaining himself so I put Parker in his swing to chill for a few. Both were happy for the moment.
So off I dart to the computer to check my email. Keep in mind this had only been a few minutes, literally.
All of the sudden I hear the most horrifying (hurt) scream I have ever heard.
I ran to the living room as fast as I could to find Parker upside down in his swing!
I have never felt my heart and stomache drop to the floor like that before. This was by far one of the worst things I have ever witnessed.
What had happened was Weston came in from being in the playroom and decided to try and get Parker out of the swing. He opened the tray..... but the swing was still on. Therefore lunging Parker forward. He was buckled in (thankfully). His HEAD was on the floor though! His head had hit the metal frame of the swing! He looked like a little rag doll. It was the saddest, scariest thing.
He is all bruised up. Black eye and all. I thought his nose was broken for sure because it swelled like non other. We went to the doctor this morning and he said it looks fine. No break. Just really swollen. SO he has a bruise on his forehead, nose, eye, and his upper lip too. Poor guy.
These pictures were taken about an hour after the incident and after I had iced his nose. It looks worse in person.
So the moral of my story is unless they are asleep in their beds, I am NOT going to be on the computer!







6 comments:
oh my gosh I don't want to laugh but it IS kind of funny, as sad as he looks. I can just see Weston trying to be a good big brother!! oh poor guy!!!
I'm going to Rio Salado, it's all online and they do clinicals at the hospital. And it's pretty cheap!!
OH Andrea! I totally know that feeling its the worst feeling ever! Poor guy! I hope hes ok! He still looks so dang cute with black and blue bruises though! So do you want to get together sometime next week?
Oh my little sweetheart. That just breaks my heart. poor kid. I hope he gets better soon. You have had a crummy week. Go get a pedi tomorrow!!! You deserve it
POOR GUY!!!
Awww, poor Parker, he's so sweet! This is probably just the beginning, especially with boys! ;) hopefully not though.... for your sake! Hope all is well at your house now, sick kids is hard. We're recovering right now too from yucky coughs. Take care!
Oh, that is so sad!! :( Another reason why I shouldn't have a 2nd child! Who knows what Halle would do! Hope he heals fast!
Post a Comment