In junior high I saw a commercial about reducing your belly fat. You know one of those infomercials with the promise of results in thirty days or your money back?
You get my point.
The contraption the commercial showed had handles on it and looked somewhat like a rolling pin.
My junior high mind started brainstorming immediately.
"I can totally use my moms rolling pin and roll my belly fat just like this commercial and be skinny and loose my gut in thirty days," said the naive me.
I may or may not have rolled my stomach every night for a few minutes.
Fast forward to Christmas time that same year.
My mom was looking for her rolling pin to make Christmas sugar cookies.
Low and behold she made me explain why the heck the rolling pin was in my room to begin with.
Not only did she die with laughter but everyone else in the household wanted in on the "joke".
Needless to say, they all still tease me.
I wish the story ended here.
But it doesn't.
My mother went a step further and told my church leaders (young women's) when they called and asked for an embarrassing story/moment about me for an end of the year party they were planning...
I was completely blindsided and humiliated in front of all my friends who were in the same ward as me.
My leaders shared the story but didn't say my name till the end. Everyone was laughing .
As a token of my story, my leaders bought me my very own rolling pin.
I still have it ! And I still use it!
I should clarify --- I use it to bake!
Talk about awkward moment right there.
Thursday, January 24, 2013
Posted by Unknown at 12:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







5 comments:
Hahaha, oh, the 14 year old inside me just died a little. I can't believe they told everybody in YW's! I probably would have never gone to church again. I'm pretty disappointed that it didn't work, because I have a rolling pin right here...
Your story reminded me of something I did around that age, which I will have to post about next week!
Oh my. I can't believe she shared it with all your friends! I'm a big sucker for instant diets and fat removers, so I'm glad I didn't see that commercial. I'm afraid I might have done the same thing! Ha!
At least you can laugh about it now, right? :)
That may or may not be the funniest thing I've read in a good long while! Don't ya just love those stories/moments that your family STILL remembers and teases you for! (I may or may not have tons of those too). Thanks for the smile! (and the clarification about what you "really" do with that rolling pin)
Haha!! That's awesome!
LOL! I would have been mortified.
Thanks for sharing your story at the link up. I'm hoping to post one too, but had to work all week.
Post a Comment