Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A sweet moment


As we were eating dinner Parker burst into tears and told me he didn't want me to ever die.

I have no clue where this came from.

It had been silent as we were all enjoying my homemade lasagna.

I took this (rare) opportunity to speak with my sweet 5 year old about our Forever Family. I know he's heard it before. We go to church every Sunday. We have Family Home Evening on Monday's. But for some reason "death" was in his sweet mind. And he was scared.

I explained to him that death is not a scary thing. And we don't know when any of our family will die or return to live with Heavenly Father.

As we continued to talk I could see that his worry was fading away.

I am so grateful for the knowledge of the Atonement and for the knowledge that families CAN be together forever. I'm grateful that I can teach my children of what I know to be true.

I really feel that the Holy Ghost was near me as I explained things to Parker. He seemed satisfied with the answers and went back to eating.

Then he proclaimed, "how about you just die when your 99,ok?"

I just smiled as I had tears in my eyes.

I am so grateful to be a Mother. I am so grateful for my sweet children. I am so grateful for the knowledge and for the restored gospel. I am grateful for the small moments in life when all is ok. I am grateful for a supportive husband that works so hard and loves his family and his wife.


Amen.




After Parker and I's sweet moment, I turned around and

this is what I see......





The twins DRINKING syrup.

I love my life! 
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: