Tuesday, January 10, 2012

New Years Eve

New years Eve crept up on us way too fast this year. So fast, that we didn't even have plans till a few hours before! Thanks to the Stapley's for coming over last minute. If you ever want a good laugh out loud party, invite the Stapley's, you won't be dissapointed.


We BBQ'd and let the kids run wild.


We did fireworks for a good hour. I'm sure the neighbors hate love us!

Tyler and Preston had a sword fight with sparklers -- right after we told the children to not point or aim them at anyone.


After I put the twins down, we let the big kids stay up and watch a movie in our front room via the laptop. We thought they'd fall asleep-- nope. We were wrong! They all stayed up and made a mess with popcorn all while we were playing games and chatting in the family room!

Time snuck away and at 11:27 I realized it was almost New Years Eve!

I ran to the kitchen to grab some pots and pans and wooden spoons so the kids could go bang them outside.

I guess I was being a little too quick for these out almost asleep children.


Weston was not happy and was completley confused as to why I was making him go outside and bang on a pot with no shoes or jacket on.



In fact, after the rest of us came in, Weston looked at me as I was indeed crazy and how dare I make him go outside and do that. Then, he went right to bed.


I about died laughing. I am still laughing 2 weeks later.


He still has no clue why people do that. I guess he's too cool to bang on pots and pans.










Thanks for the pictures Hillary!

1 comments:

HILLARY said...

Oh I have more pictures for you I'll send them right now!