My kiddos were in and out of the backyard today as they are most days here lately. I just leave my back sliding door open and and I watch them while I do my other household duties.
It had been a few minutes since I had seen Parker.
I walked outside to see him kneeling on the ground in tears. Full blown, soggy tears.
"What's wrong P?"
Parker pointing to the concrete where a crushed slug and shell were
"I accidently ran over this seashell and a creature lived in there. And I killed it. I'm so sorry Mommy.
"Parker I know it was an accident. Now you know to watch out for those little slugs while your riding your bike. It's okay honey.
"But Jesus made this creature. And I'm so sorry mommy. Does Jesus know that I'm sorry?"
Today I was once again reminded of the sweet innocence of my children.
How devasting for Parker to run over a slug. If only everyone could have the innocence of a child the world would be such better off.
I'm so grateful for my sweet kids and their perspective.
And to actually know that the 3 hours of church per week DO pay off!








3 comments:
How sweet!!!
Cute story - what a sweetie!
SO SO sweet!
Also, congrats on the DNA results! So fun to finally know they are IDENTICAL!!
Post a Comment