No one ever told me how hard being a mother is.
My job doesn't stop 24/7.
I will always worry about my children. Will they fit in? Did they get enough dinner? Will they choose the right when I'm not there? Will they choose great friends? Will they be an example?
The questions go on and on -- in fact, they never stop.
-----
Many of my dear friends know that we have had some struggles with our sweet Weston for a few years. Not at home but in the school setting.
He is a great kid and we don't want him to be labeled as a naughty kid or ruin his self esteem with him thinking he is bad. Cause he is not bad. He is great. He is super smart. And so dang adorable. He is caring and loving --- but he is busy and struggling with behavior at school.
We are just at our wits end and feel like we are out of ideas for positive reinforcement. I feel like we have tried everything!
Lately, I feel like it's something that Tyler and I did in our parenting. I don't understand how a child can have rules, guidelines and boundaries yet still choose the wrong path and choices and know the consequence?
Motherhood is hard. Not in a million years did I ever think I was gonna have a testy child. Especially at 7 years old.
I know that all we can do is love him and show him the right way.
----
On Halloween he had to stay home and forgo trick-or-treating because he came home with a "bad" day. He knew the consequence before he went to school and he chose to have a rough day. So he stayed home with daddy while I took the rest of the kiddos out.
I cried all night. It really was punishment for the whole family. I think he learned his lesson. He learned that mom and dad really do follow through.
I hope that with the outside help we are now getting to work with Weston will really pay off. I know that he will do great and marvelous things someday. I really think he is going through a phase to test us and everyone around him. I truely think it's something he will grow out of...
I love you Wessy.
Friday, November 4, 2011
Posted by Unknown at 1:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
I really do think 7 is the new terrible twos! You know, I just had a thought... You know how people who are investigating the church always seem to have a lot of struggles? Well, maybe it's true for our little ones who are just about to make the decision to be baptized... I'll have to think about that more...
Don't be too hard on yourself. I'm sure you're a wonderful mother!! And just remember, the most important thing for him to learn is that he's loved by you and God. Everything else will fall into place eventually. :)
We should get Weston and Rockwell together! We went through a rough patch with Rockwell. Were I felt like I was doing everything wrong he never listened. I even went and had his hearing tested because I was at my wits end. Then all the sudden it started to get better. I think it has a lot to do with his awesome teachers at school. He's not perfect and we still struggle everyday but it is getting better. I think it's normal 7 year old boy behavior. You are a great mom.
Post a Comment