I got home from Girl's Camp a little after 1am on Thursday (a few of us left early).
I was so so tired and so so dirty and smelly.
It was hot there. I heard it was even hotter here though.
When I crept inside, it was cold, dark, and CLEAN inside my house. Yes, CLEAN. My hubby surprised me with a few things whilst I was gone. A clean home being one! Nothing makes me smile more than a clean sink and floor (pathetic, I know).
Also, he took it upon himself to take the babies binky's AWAY for good! Can you even believe it?
I was shocked. I was happy I wasn't hear for the rough few nights of crying to sleep. But hey 18 months isn't too bad for a binky, right?
Seriously, Tyler is amazing. He is a better at so many things than I am. It is great to know that I can be gone for a few nights and not freight. I know that everyone is safe and we are on the "same" team with everything.
Despite missing my Parker's b-day, everything at camp was Amazing.
What a great escape to be Spiritually fed.
Just what I needed.
I learned so much from the girl's and more from the other Stake Staff leaders.
I was in charge of crafts with two other ladies. It was a busy two days but everyone got their crafts complete with no major incident.
I am grateful that our church puts on such an amazing Camp for young girls. I truly know that it is an inspired program of the Lord. I know that girls learn life long skills while they are here.
I know that I still remember when I was 14 going to church camp.. I hope to be an example to those girls.
---------
Thursday as we were running around like crazy getting ready for Parker's party, the electricity went out!
It was SOOOOO HOT!
It went out at 2:15 pm and didn't come back on till 6:40 pm!
It was awful and I may or may not have had a panic attack.
I needed to prepare things for the party and had no fridge or freezer...
It was 87 degrees in our house by 6:40 pm.
We had the party at 5:30.
It started outside by the pool...
By time we went in, power was on.
Friday, July 1, 2011
Posted by Unknown at 3:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comments:
did you go to camp lomia? what stake are you in? my sister went the same week as you did :)
Post a Comment