Thursday, June 9, 2011







Middle Child syndrome. Any one ever heard of that?

I fear my sweet P, has it.

He is the sweetest, most cuddly, lovable, squeezable boy I know... but man oh man.. does this boy have a stinkerish side!

Lately, he hasn't been too nice to the twins or W for that matter. That's right. My almost 4 year old picks on my almost 7 year old. All. Day. LONG.

I try and take it all in stride. I try to be patient and loving. I try to not RAISE my voice. But what am I suppose to do?

After being put in his room for the umpteenth time the other day, I decided to let him out for dinner.

As I opened the door, I realized the art masterpiece [on his wall] he had drawn in the whopping 20 minutes he was in there!

I wanted to scream. I wanted to shout. I may or may not have wanted to kick the wall or my child (jk).

Why this? Why now? Haven't we been through this talk before? Why and where did he find this orange crayon?

Luckily, super dad (my husband) was almost home by this point. So he sat in his room for a few minutes until dad got there.

I am proud to say that all 4 of his bedrooms walls are alive and look super clean. Thank you GooGone. And thank you patient husband.

We let Parker scrub the walls for 30 minutes with a wet rag by himself. Then, Tyler helped him with the GooGone.

Needless to say, my husband knows how to handle our kids. He never raises his voice. He never lifts a hand. He is the most patient man I know. He shows our kids he loves them through his actions.

Just when I had about lost it. He came to the rescue.

As for Parker-- he now keeps telling me the story over and over. And knows where orange crayons belong. Ask him, he'll tell you!!

4 comments:

The Van Fam said...

oh man i can only imagine what connor is going to be like when he has the middle child syndrome and he isnt even the middle child yet! good for tyler though for taking care of the situation! i really dont know how dads always manage to stay so calm! they're amazing!

Greg♥Amelia said...

Never a dull moment! Sounds like you two handled it very well though :)

Brett and Rachel said...

That's awesome that u made him scrub the wall for half an hour! Hilarious! I don't think he'll be doing that again any time soon. :)

SUPER cute pic, btw!

Chelsey Howard said...

I didnt know goo gone took off crayon!! Awesome. I think Lilly has the same syndrome gong on. I wanted to beat her today. Unfortunately Trevor wasn't to the rescue and I totally yelled all morning. But hey, I didn't beat her:) Guess you win some and ya loose some. Today counts as a loss for me.