Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A weekend

Our anniversary was on the 9th. Things are always busy around this time of year so we planned an escape for the following weekend!


We left Friday afternoonish and headed to lunch at :



I know, we don't get out much. But Pete's is our high school favorite!



Then, we headed to our destination, JW Marriott!

Boy oh boy was it beautiful. It was far enough away from home.




We hung out and toured the hotel as if we were rich people. Amazing, it was. Really what I was thinking was how the heck do people even afford to pay this price for a hotel and why is it so busy here? We practically had to sell a child to get the funds to stay there (jk)!



We ventured around and killed time (kid free) for a few hours before we were off to:


The Melting Pot





Lets just say it was very romantic and a perfect 2 hour dinner that we so needed. Can I just tell you how much I love that place? SOOO delicious. People probably were wondering who was making noises-- it was me. Enjoying my food!


Our plan was to sleep in on Saturday morning, I slayed that chance. Tyler may still hate me for that!

You see-- I have some sort of internal motherhood time clock. I was up at 6:30 am on the dot.

I tried to close my eyes. I couldn't. I had to pee. Then I was hungry so I ate some trail mix I had brought. Then it woke Tyler up and he said I sounded like an elephant. Then we laughed.

Then I really couldn't go back to sleep.

So we went to :

The Good Egg

Then shopping at Desert Ridge

Then to movie

Then out to lunch even though we were not hungry


Even though we were gone a day and half it was the best day in a half we've had in a LONG time!

It was nice to re connect with my husband and not have any interruptions.

I cannot believe we have been married for SOOO LONG!

7 years married & dated for almost 3 years before that!

I love you husband and love and admire all you do for us!

1 comments:

Chandra said...

How romantic and fun! I love melting pot except for the price. its ridiculous how much they charge you to cook your own food and eat veggies with cheese! but it is such an awesome experience. glad you guys had a good anniversary!