Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I am careful these days to make sure that I have that one-on-one time with my my big boys. I try and do it each day. I fail. It is hard. But they need it. I need to be better at it.

So today during nap time. I didn't put Parker down. Instead, we played games and puzzles.

It is amazing how something so simple to me can really make my child smile.

He smoked me in Memory. I let him cheat a few times. He didn't mean too-- we are working on that.

Then, we were doing a 51 piece floor puzzle of the USA.



PARKER: Mom, what does this say (as he is pointing to top of puzzle)?

ME: It says United States of America

PARKER: OH! Mrs. Ranelle taught me that!! (his Saint of a preschool teacher)

ME: (catching on to what he is saying) Oh, like the Pledge of Allegiance

PARKER: YA. Mom.




And then he recited it to me.


Can I just tell you that I am blown away??

My 3 year old knows the pledge!

What the heck? No one told me he knew the pledge? I didn't teach him.

Did I ever tell you how great his preschool teacher is?

1 comments:

sherra said...

That is so sweet!! I love having that one on one time is absolutely priceless, not to mention how rewarding it is!! It is sometimes hard to not get so caught up in the everyday routine though. You are an awsome mommy!