Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Oh the attention you get from having twins...

Where do I begin?

When I need to run to the store for something quick-- forget it. I am stopped by {almost} everyone.

Maybe because I just look that crazy and insane they need to ask?

Sometimes it can be rather annoying like when it is 11:15 and I have to pick Parker up from preschool at 11:30 and I'm stuck chit chatting about my whole labor and delivery process to some stranger.

But days like today, I needed it.

As I pulled in the parking lot, dreading the fruit and vegetable store, I knew I needed a plan to get in and get out. That store is small. And I had 3 kids with me.

Before I could even enter the store 4 people. I repeat 4 people approached me and my twins.

It wasn't until I got in that an old lady. Yes she was old. She was around 80. She came to me and told me that Mothers of boys have a special place in heaven .

That actually wasn't the first time someone has told me that. But for some reason, it struck me.

Maybe it was because I was in a horrible mood all morning?(ask my husband) Or maybe it was her way of approaching me? Or maybe I just took that extra minute to listen to a complete stranger?

Whatever it was-- I sure do know that I left that store a happy momma.


p.s
She also told me that I was beautiful. maybe that's why I liked her??

2 comments:

Dwiggins said...

I so understand what you're talking about. They always have to verify with me, twins? How old? My grandpas uncles cousin's nephew has twins! Awesome. It's ok I like to hear my kids are cute, and it's always nice when they throw a compliment my way. I'm just going to have to start leaving my house a little earlier!

Leslie said...

Awww...what a nice lady!