Saturday, June 5, 2010

He did it!


Or should I say we did it?


After a struggle of a year, our kindergartner finished with a thumb's up! I can breathe a sigh of relief now. Seriously.

No one (including my mom) ever told me how stressful it is having a kid in school. It is A LOT of work. Making sure your kid is up on time, fed, clothed, cleaned, homework done and on time is a major part of stress I dread every morning. Oh I wish I could just let him sleep instead of pulling him out of bed at 6:30 am every morning.

Not only that, he was one of the youngest in his class since he really could have waited another year to start since he is an August birthday. He had a hard time in an all day program. He struggled with attention, goofing off and maturity.

We all learned a lot throughout this year and we are still glad that we put him in. He has grown tremendously and is super smart. He can read and write all his sight words and loves math (don't know where he got that from)?

Since we are moving schools next year he will be repeating K. It will be for his own good. We want him to succeed and be ahead rather than behind.



Here he is at graduation................




Daddy and P at graduation



ALSO:

Drum roll, please.............





WESTON graduated from SPEECH!!

After 3 long years and LOTS of work his speech is at age level. We are so thrilled that he has overcome this and "grown" out of it. He seems to have no recollection that he couldn't speak at age 3. In fact, he was once signing everything and not speaking and now hardly even remembers how to sign. Weird, huh?


His speech teacher celebrated his accomplishment and took a picture for me!

He's got a funny Mickey Mouse cap on!


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Saragers said...

Congrats! It was nice to hear your adventures in school. Carson starts Kindergarden this fall and we are anxious and nervous to see how it all shakes out.

melissa hogle said...

Oh Congratulations! Graduating K is such a big deal for these kiddos. Really- it is their first culture shock year of being away from the comforts of home and mom and the usual routine they have known for the first five years of their life. Not only is it that but then they are forced to do a bunch of work and things they dont really want to and listen to a teacher yap at them all day. It really is a big accomplishment. Way to go!

Chelsey Howard said...

YAY!!! That is so exciting!! I didn't know that he was done with speech too, that's so awesome:) I bet he's gonna do so great next year. And I would worry about him doing kindergarden again, I'm gonna hold my boys back a year too. They just dont mature as fast as girls, and especially if they have an August b-day.

Katie B. said...

Congratulations!!! I cannot believe how fast he is growing up! He is becoming a regular little man :) Miss you!

Tiffany Haynes said...

Oh my goodness! What a house full of cute little boys you have!! How do you do it...seriously!! Your boys are darling, especially your two newest ones.

I'm so glad you found me. We must keep in touch!

Rachel said...

Congrats! Ya, it is a lot of work for the parents, especially at this young of an age, it will get easier as they get older when they can take more responsibility on their own. I'm sure that was a tough decision to have him repeat another year, but it will be SO beneficial for him! I'm glad that you were able to see what would be best for him!