Tuesday, March 23, 2010

We are 3 months old!

Today marks another month that these sweet babes joined our family. It is hard to think that I have been living this crazy life for 3 months already! I say that in the most nicest way possible. I do. Things have been getting easier as the boys slowly make their way into a set schedule. I'm all about a schedule. Life just gets that much easier to me when my children are on a schedule. The boys have been sleeping through the night for the past 3-4 weeks. Their last feeding is between 7-9 pm and then they are down until 5-6 am then they eat and then go right back to sleeping! I really couldn't have hand picked two more perfect babies to be in our family. I have really lucked out. They are happy and healthy and love to sleep!

Just in the past 2 weeks I have given up nursing for good. I was just worn out and down right exhausted. I don't know how I stuck it out for 9 weeks-- but I did! I really just needed to eliminate the stressful things in my life so that I really could focus on being a good mom and spend equal time with each of the 4 kids. Plus get things done around the house besides pumping every two hours to keep my supply up.
Boy oh boy... was that hard to stop cold turkey. I got a massive infection that caused me to have a fever, chills, aches, and pains not only that I leaked milk for two weeks straight! But it is over. Am I sad? Yes. Am I glad? Yes.
I felt regret and a sense of relief all in one once I quit. Regret because I know breast milk is the best. It is cheap and sensitive on babies tummy. Plus I breastfed W and P for a whole year. So then in my head I was comparing the first two kids to my twins and feeling bad. I got out of that rut and things have been going well with the formula--except for the massive price tag! Plus I am realizing what I missed out on with the convenience of bottles with my first two!





Sawyer yesterday weighed 10lbs 15 oz at the Dr.
I am guessing Judson weighs 2 more oz's because they have been pretty consistent.

6 comments:

Chelsey Howard said...

Oh I just love those boys!! All of them! you dont need to feel guilty about not breast feeding!!! If it makes you feel better, I never breast feed. A happy mom is a good mom, so you have to remember to take care of yourself too! Plus, I cant imagine all the time you are saving with formula!!

the DeCampos Family said...

Happy Birthday!! That went by fast, probably not for you!

The Van Fam said...

3 months! whoo hoo! i want to see them again soon! im sure everyone is telling you this but dont feel guilty at all about stopping nursing, you have to figure out what is best and go with it! good for you, you are such a great mom!

Whitney said...

Ive been playing catch up on your blog. Ive missed so much! The boys are darling and getting SO big!

Melanie said...

Your twins are so cute! I can barley handle the one...I don't know how you do it with two!!!!

Jenny from the Blog said...

They are getting so big and they are very handsome! All 4 of them! Not that I need to try and make you feel better but I never breast fed any of my kids either. Kudos to you for being able to do it!