Thursday, December 11, 2008

Insurance...

I never really knew the exact dollar amount that came out of Tyler's paycheck for medical insurance.

I guess that was the first problem.

All I really knew was that it was awesome insurance with awesome coverage. I mean, it only cost us $250 to have Parker!!

That is, until this past week, when his work held an open enrollment and offered other medical plans to switch to.

I just about died.

I found out that we had been paying $249.69 per paycheck so practically $500 per month for insurance!! OUCH!

We have been doing this for almost 4 years!

We thankfully switched and now are only paying $66.89 per paycheck!

So my advise to everyone...

Know how much is coming out of your husband's paycheck and pay more attention!!

5 comments:

Chandra said...

that's why i like how i am the one that gets insurance taken out of my paycheck instead of tanners haha. but he doesn't even have a choice...

Ty and Marla Stevens said...

But now that you pay less per paycheck, will you pay more on doctor bills? All I know about insurances is that they are very shady people.

Leslie said...

Yikes! I'm glad you found it though.

SloneFamily said...

We Were Paying $350 a paycheck!! Got ya there :) It is insane, but make sure you wont be missing out on coverage.

The Van Fam said...

wow what a difference now! thats good that you looked in to it, but ya, you definitely want to make sure the coinsurance, deductibles and copays are the same. when i worked in insurance people used to switch all the time but then when something happened they would have to pay a ton out of pocket.